Disk Device Drivers SCSI

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to this site so hello to one and all.
I am having trouble trying to find windows 7 drivers for my disc SCSI.
I have Driver Version 6.1.7600.16385 driver Date 21\06\2006
I am looking for the latest versions.
Is there a service pack 2 or three that I am missing for Windows 7 Ultimate X64
Any help would be much appreciated. And thanks in advance.

Kevin

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Does your device work?

SCSI is an old technology and I believe the drivers are native to the W7 OS and there is little reason to expect they need updated.

Reaction score
Does your device work?

SCSI is an old technology and I believe the drivers are native to the W7 OS and there is little reason to expect they need updated.
Hi, TrainableMan,
Yes disks are running fine, Why on earth are we relying on windows old Technology though. Does not make sense to me, I would have thought Microsoft would have addressed this issue when bringing out windows 7.
Although I think you are right on this issue, I can vaguely remember About SCSI Drivers. I mean you update the firmware on your SSD, You update your SATA Control drivers. But this disk driver seems obsolete.
I would have thought that this would of made a little bit of impression to the smooth running of an SSD drive. I don't see the point of running AHCI in the flipping Bios, or updating the driver. Because it makes no difference.
Might as well stick to IDE in the Bios. No point updating at all, and it doesn't make any sense. If you know what I mean.
MY problem is that my SSD Drive cannot reach it's full potential Read and write speed, because it is bottle necking. Even though I am connected through SATA Port 6GB. It is not showing up as SATA in windows 7 Device. It is showing up only as SCSI and Because this driver SCSI only goes up to 80MB/s speed. Therefore it's seems a total waste of time. Am I missing something here, I purchased this drive so my PC would run faster, but it will not if the drivers are out of date or obsolete.

And Just to update I have downloaded and installed correct AHCI
Controllers which Asrock do not tell you to do, that they are not installed on Motherboard Disc.
So now they are installed, so I went into Bios again turned off AHCI and switched back to IDE, now the
SSD drive is showing up as an ATA disk. Still not correct, but made a little progress. It should be reading
SATA disk. So I'm really at a loss here. the name of the drive there and everything, but just not running as a SATA 3

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:

Ask a Question