Different system configuration for different users?

Reaction score
I need to setup 2 user accounts so that one uses the normal settings within system configuration and the other one uses a system configuration which has the "Themes" service disabled.

Is it possible to do this, as whenever I change the system configuration in one user the changes are automatically reflected in the other user and so it doesn't seem I can have 2 users with different system configurations

Thanks

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
The only possibility that I can think of is to add the other user as an administrator, if Windows 7 will allow that. You can do this with Win 2K, I've never tried it on XP or 7, but it's worth trying out. Post back and let us know if it works.

Reaction score
Although it is possible to setup 2 administrator accounts in Windows 7, the changes made in the system configuration on one of the administrators is automatically reflected in the other administrator user.

The problem of not being able to have different system configurations on the same PC still exists so any other ideas would be welcome ...

Ask a Question