DELL Monitor

Reaction score
I Have a DELL monitor, No problems just want an Idea of which cable should I use VGA or DVI cable. Monitor supports Both and Video card supports both. I have been told they now support Digital. Once time ago VGA was anologue, is it still analogue.:confused::)

What's difference between DVI-A and DVI-D???

Thanks.:burnout:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Use the DVI cable, it will give a better quality picture. If the monitor and video card have the support then use it. Also if Dell has a driver for the monitor use it too.

You probably have a DVI-I cable, either in Single Link or Dual Link configuration.

From Wikipedia:
The DVI connector on a device is therefore given one of four names, depending on which signals it implements:

• DVI-D (digital only)
  • DVI-A (analog only)
  • DVI-I (integrated, digital & analog)

The connector also includes provision for a second data link for high resolution displays, though many devices do not implement this. In those that do, the connector is sometimes referred to as DVI-DL (dual link).

The long flat pin on a DVI-I connector is wider than the same pin on a DVI-D connector, so it is not possible to connect a male DVI-I to a female DVI-D by removing the 4 analog pins. It is possible, however, to connect a male DVI-D cable to a female DVI-I connector. Many flat panel LCD monitors have only the DVI-D connection so that a DVI-D male to DVI-D male cable will suffice when connecting the monitor to a computer's DVI-I female connector.

Ask a Question