Which is the best drivers update program for windows 7 (especially for Dell Inspiron laptops)?

Reaction score
Hi to all,
I'm new to this forum and I need some help!I believe that you would help me!
I'have used a tons of drivers update programs,but I think that I haven't found the thrue so far.I use a Dell Inspiron laptop and I have had a lots of problems with its drivers updates.I asked the Dell community forum for help for finding the best drivers update utility for my machine and I got an advice to use the Dell SupportAssist,but that program is NOT a drivers update utility!So I need an advice from you,which program should I use!I've been trying to update the drivers with DriverGenius 15 these days,but it gives me some errors like:"code 64" or "The server name or address could not be resolved" and it couldn't update my drivers!So please help me!There is no matter if the program you would point to me is free or paid!
p.s My os is Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
Thanks to all in advance!
Best regards!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums!

Personally, I wouldn't bother with any driver update utility - Windows Update does a really good job with most drivers, then any others can be manually installed direct from the hardware vendors website. The only driver update I install outside of Windows Update is the one for my graphics card :).

There's not no real need to update drivers on a frequent basis. Many of these driver update apps will charge you for very little benefit, IMO.

Reaction score
I agree with Ian. Get all your hardware working and let Windows Update take care of the rest.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question