SOLVED TrueCrypt help needed.

Reaction score
This morning I downloaded TrueCrypt and had it encrypt my C: drive. That part went off without a hitch. I then tried to encrypt my E: drive, as that's were my personal files are. That one wouldn't work. It began and immediately spit out a error message saying it couldn't continue. I followed the same steps that I used for my C: drive except this time I chose Encrypt a non-sytem drive or partition option. The drive has Contacts, Documents, Downloads, Favorites, Links and Searches on it.

Attachments

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Is the E drive a separate drive or a partition on the main hdd?

Reaction score
C: is my ssd, D: is one of the Caviar Black's. E: & F: are the other Caviar Black. Though actually, I just tried to go into Safe Mode, as I alway's do a early Sunday a.m. Safe Mode malware scan's, as Sunday afternoon is my weekly backup. After installing TrueCrypt, I couldn't get into Safe Mode or even boot from the bootable dvd I made for TrueCrypt during th C: encryption process, even though the disk was verified when I made it. Therefore, I unencrypted the drive and uninstalled TrueCrypt. I'll just anytime upgrade to Ultimate in a few months and use Bit-Locker. I know it doesn't have those issue's from using it in Vista.

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
TC is an extremely strong program and I shuttered a little when you said you encrypted your C partition.
I would think you just need to create a large back up container within a partition. I seem to remember a lot of warnings about encrypting entire drives.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I agree with Yodap. Encrypting an entire drive is not necessary unless you're really paranoid and the NSA's disguised van is parked down the street from your home. Besides NSA would be able to hack it regardless.

Why are you doing this? What is the supposed gain or advantage? Are you not running a good quality firewall?

Reaction score
Nah, just for extra security. NIS 2012 is terrific. It found 7 viruses in Safe Mode that MSE missed while it was on my pc. I figured I had some sort of malware, as I get a daily email from Smart computing that always has a link for choosing one of two future cover stories. For a month straight as soon as the web page opened it would act like I clicked one of the links as my choice and show one at 100% and the other at 0%. I knew I had an infection and MSE, Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware all missed them. NIS 2012 quarantined them all and that web page works properly again.

Ask a Question