Create System Reserved Partition

Reaction score
Does anyone have the script or Diskpart commands to create a vanilla system disk ("C") as is done in a standard install for W7 Ultimate? I had a catastrophic disk failure and need exactly the same as original to run my restore. It was "imaged" as two partitions and I actually will run two restores.

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Which software are you using to perform the restore? Most that I have used will automatically re-create the partitions for you, so you may not need to do anything :).

Reaction score
Which software are you using to perform the restore? Most that I have used will automatically re-create the partitions for you, so you may not need to do anything :).
Thank you for the reply.

I am using WHS 2011 client restore wizard. From a second client I prepare a disk by allocating blank space and run the the client restore wizard. WHS puts the volume(s) in the space allocated as long as the size is the same or larger. When I finished this restore, the partition attributes of the resulting partitions were inaccurate. I found out this was because I improperly created this space.

I spent a large amount of time trying to create a "System Reserved" partition and was never able to do it. WHS is doing "volume" restores however, and the distinction between "volume" and "partition" is murky. I'm reasonably sure this is done by "ID" bytes, but don't understand why it's difficult to find out how it was originally done.

Ask a Question