create a .bat file to disable wireless when you connect to wired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi

I'm new to Windows 7 and this is my first post so go easy if this a silly question.

I currenly work in an IT department and have been given this 'project'.

We have a number of users who have been given 32bit Windows 7 laptops for remote, home and office working.

I have been asked to create a batch file so that as soon as the user comes into the office they plug the laptop into the network and it should use the wired connection automatically to access the corporate LAN. As soon as they work away and need to access the corporate network remotly they do not need to press the wireless button on the laptop, when the laptop is switched and logged on i want the laptop to know that it is not on a wired network and for the wireless to kick in.

I have created two bat files -

netsh interface set interface “Wireless Network Connection” Disable

and

netsh interface set interface “Wireless Network Connection” Enable

these have been placed in task scheduler under create a basic task. I have tried both of these in cmd prompt but they still don't work.

Can anyone please advise me.

Thank you

TOSH1

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Just curious, why do you need either. Win will default to Ethernet by itself.

Reaction score
In the event that it the computers are choosing to log into WIFI first, the settings the user has for that wireless network probably puts it above the ethernet "queue".

zigzag3143

Wanikiya
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
In the event that it the computers are choosing to log into WIFI first, the settings the user has for that wireless network probably puts it above the ethernet "queue".

Change the priority for the Ethernet connection (network and sharing>adapter>properties) in Properties.

Reaction score
I had a similar requirement at my work when they deployed Windows 7 and tried to solve it with scripts. We found scripts a bit difficult to get right and time consuming.

We ended up deploying a product called 1NET. www.accessity.com.au/1Net.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question