SOLVED could not complete W7 install

Reaction score
could not complete installation for W7 no driver found

installed a new HDD on a laptop. wanted to install Win7. after the initial set up, till where it asks you where to load the driver, could not complete the installation. says no driver found. Win7 installer is new. bought it from best buy.

Reaction score
installed a new HDD on a laptop. wanted to do install W7, at first process was fine to the point where it asks for where to load the driver. clicked the partition, then it says no driver can be found. tried installing from a usb, still nothing. installation disc is new from best buy. appreciate any feedback.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You don't need to click on the partition to install Windows 7, also shouldn't need to install any drivers.

Have you installed Windows 7 before on any other computer? You should just be able to click on Next and the install should continue.

You are talking about the window that shows the available drive(s) and any partitions right?

Reaction score
first of all thanks....

yeah i thought so too that installing would be just clicking one next tab to the other. but for this, after the initial page where it says install windows right the center of the page, it links me to a window that shows my unallocated disc space which at the bottom of that page has 2 tabs one says load driver and another for refresh. also has a link for advance options which gave me options to format, delete etc.

once i click the tab for load driver, a message box pops up saying an installer, a cd/dvd or a usb must be handy, i click ok of course, then it searches then it says no driver found. in that message box, it has the option to browse and rescan. did the rescan, still nothing. did browse too, clicked on the cd/dvd drive there were some folders, don't know what i'm looking for.

and also in one of the message box there was a check box that says hide incompatible drivers, i unchecked that as well but still nothing.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Don't click the driver tab first of all. Unless your installing a RAID or special PCI card.

In other words, for a regular Windows 7 install, the driver button is superfluous. Disregard it and continue on with your install and from there you should be good to go.

Here's what I'm talking about:

You're making this more complicated that it really is. With a notebook computer there is no reason to use that "Load Driver" feature at all.

No need to partition your notebook's drive either, unless you want to. Windows 7 will automatically format it and install with no further assistance on your part.

Keep us posted.

Ask a Question