SOLVED Concerns with Adobe Reader

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. So for several months, I have got trouble with "Adobe Reader" and I thought someone may help me...

As a matter of fact, when I install the software, he takes the control and I can't do anything. What I mean is the fact that all applications without exceptions (Skype, Excel, SAS, R, VLC, all files...) is executed by this software. And I can't understand why. I don't recall changing anything about execution program.

Is there any manipulation to do ?

Thank you in advance !

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Is Adobe Reader absolutely necessary? If not, I'd ditch it pronto and go with something free and light and wont take over your computer.

Reaction score
Is Adobe Reader absolutely necessary? If not, I'd ditch it pronto and go with something free and light and wont take over your computer.
Thank you for your quick answer. Which software do you advise me ?

Reaction score
I would like to add that I use essentially pdf for presentation and I need the full screen option. But I know no software as good as adobe reader for this...

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I would like to add that I use essentially pdf for presentation and I need the full screen option. But I know no software as good as adobe reader for this...

I might disagree, but it is possibly a question of what you get used to. I use Nitro Pro. Twice the speed of Adobe, with the same edit capablities.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
No one tried to help him with his actual problem? :confused:

Go here, read, and download the fixes for EXE and LNK. Merge them into your system according to the instructions. Good luck.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
If you don't like Adobe Reader, I recommend using Foxit Reader. It has been around for years and if very refined, quick, smaller footprint, and it works.

Ask a Question