Computer turned it self on ! :O

Reaction score
hello people , today after i shutdown my pc via the shutdown button , around 15 minutes after , my pc turned itself on :O , i was so shocked and i dont know what caused it , because i could not of pushed the power button as i was know where near it .

The os i have is windows 7 ultimate.

hopefully you can help me out hear .

Thanks

7king

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi 7king

I would check your power switch, leads and start connection on your Motherboard (ATM turn power off at the PSU and or the Mains until you have checked)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You might also check your settings for your LAN ethernet connection. In some motherboard BIOS, there is a setting for "Wake On LAN" check that.

If it's not on the motherboard then check the settings in "Device Manager".

Reaction score
ok , thankyou both of you , for your replies , i appreciate , i will keep you updated , if it happens again .. thanks

Reaction score
hello , ok i have checked on my bios for that lan thing and cant see it on there :/ , also i checked my power lead that is firmly in.

also it happened again , except this time the pc was in sleep mode , it turned itself back on , and it was jus showing a black screen and around after 20 seconds , turned it self off again .

Reaction score
It sounds like it was hibernating.
After win 7 goes into sleep mode the hibernate timer setting starts.
After the time set for hibernate mode expires the pc turns itself on and flushes memory to disc before hibernating.

edit

During the time the pc wakes up for hibernation the serial ports remain de-powered so pressing a key has no effect.

Last edited:

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Open Power options.(In Control Panel -icon view)
Select your marked plan, and then "Change plan settings"

If you wish, in the window that appears, you can change the shown options and "save changes"
Now click the option at the bottom of the text "Change advanced power settings"
Scroll down to "Power buttons and lid", or similar (You do not say if it is a laptop or stationary computer, so the text may vary)
Click the item and see what setting you have for the power button. You will probababy find you have it set to slepp or hibernate.

Reaction score
I would consider hiring an exorcist. Demonic possession of electronics is common in your region.

Ask a Question