Computer Freezing

Reaction score
Hi
Since I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 just after launch I have had no trouble untill now.
It does not matter if I am writing text, putting on a new programme or updating it freezes and last night it took about 2 hours before I could use the computer.
Is there anything I can do to stopt this problem?
Ken

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How long ago did you upgrade from XP to W7? If the problem has only recently started, I'd try using system restore to roll back a day or two.

Have you installed any new software recently (around the time of the problem)? Does anything cause the freezing and does it happen often? You could try safe mode to see if your PC works (pointing to a likely software problem).

Reaction score
As I said I upgraded to win 7 just after launch last year and, touch wood I have done a system restore and it has not happened yet.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, I must have missed that part about when you installed it :eek:. I'm glad it's working for now - fingers crossed!

Ask a Question