SOLVED Complete System Tuneup utility for Windows 7

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score

Complete System Tuneup is an all-in-one freeware utility which allows the user to enable / disable startup items, clean system temporary files whether they are internet, recycle bin files or cookies, recent items list, error reporting files, etc.

It also provides a faster access to the Windows system tools like Disk Cleanup, Disk Defragmenter, System Restore, Performance Monitor, etc.

Complete System Tuneup was created to assist the average computer user in maintaining their Windows PC.

Download Page : Complete System Tuneup.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I tried this and it's a handy little free application.

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Nice. As I mentionned in another post, I am installing win7 home premium 64 bit on a dell e6400 for my in laws. I bought the OS from newegg, deliverd the next day free shipping. I was impressed.

Anyways, I degress here. This is indeed a nice tool to have. I am going to install it on their laptop in addition to ccleaner. I know I will get a call in the near future that something is not working. So I better be ready.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Glad you like it! Hope the new install works out alright!

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

edit: not for 64bit.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
32bit only! Nibs WTH? :mad:

It's OK, there are only about 50 million different versions of these type programs out there anyway.

Reaction score
I tested this on win 7 home 64bit and pro 64bit and it installs and runs perfectly fine, because 64 bit is pretty much backwards compatible with 32 bit. :)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
But will it fix serious problems? My notebook (a 32 bit one) with Win 2K, XP Pro, Vista SP2 & 7 Pro, has a serious problem somewhere. I'm one of the members that is in the folding@home program. It's very CPU intense, usually it hits 100% and stays there. But here lately, regardless of which OS that I use, when a project hits around 30 to 40% of the job, something happens, usually a fatal error, and another project is sent to me, the same happens.

Is this a real repair program or more of a maintenance thing? Because I've seen many maintenance programs screw up computers (it's happened to me, too). Glary Utilities was a fine example of that. I just find these "one click maintenance" tools are basically snake oil. So if this is a new computer, beware, and try it out on something older first. Preferably, something with real problems, that may determine whether it's for real or not.

Speaking of which, I have the one that I described, it crashes multiple times daily, and the Windows Error Reporting files are over 300,000KB (all four OS's combined). That's a ton of errors. If this free program can cure my problems, I'll gladly send a donation for future development of their programs. But honestly, I don't expect it to.

My point is, beware of what free downloads promise, and sometimes they come with a little more that the user wants (either some add on, or worse yet, spyware).

Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
cat, from the webpage it look like a combo of ccleaner and registry changes for menu fade-in/aero etc

LeHaM, I have Tune Up Utilities 2010 and it seems to do what it is designed to do but I do also enjoy a good happy ending ... err meal.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try.

It runs fine on my x64 Windows 7... y'all having issues with it?

Cat - Have you tried running MemTest'86 on your notebook? You may be having RAM issues here. Sounds like it to me at least.

Remember that Folding@Home is a CPU and memory intensive program.

32bit only! Nibs WTH? :mad:

It's OK, there are only about 50 million different versions of these type programs out there anyway.
Now calm down... it works on x64! Try one of my recommended relaxation cures! ;)

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I'll run that after I get through nuking the drive again. If I'm not mistaken, I have another RAM chip that will run in it, but it's only 512MB. That won't run worth nothing to me, and as I've said before, I refuse to spend another cent on it.

I tried out that program, but to no avail. One of the functions was an update check, hell, IE crashed on me during the update check. And then showed me an entire list of codes to upload to MS. Well, this notebook is either going to learn to fold, or crash and bounce back up and start over, I have it set to run as a service, meaning that when the notebook runs, it folds. If it can't even do a simple a task as that, something's wrong with it. But I'll check out the RAM, I'll simply swap it, so even with 512MB, that will force it on.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Complete System Tuneup runs fine on Windows Pro 64-bit :)

Ask a Question