changing the starting picture of the os

Reaction score
i have an alienware aurora pc and when i start this it shows a alien logo and loads the bios
and i want to change that logo and put some other one
can some one help me how to do that

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It may be possible depending on your motherboard make and BIOS type :). Which type do you have? If you check the manufacturer website you should be able to find out if this is possible (there are 3rd party tools that try to change boot logos, but these are even more of a risk).

I've just updated my Asus boot logo after reading this post. All I needed to do was download the "Asus Update" tool and a current BIOS image, then patch it with a new logo using the "MyLogo" tool.

Reaction score
my motherboard make is alienware and my bios version is A11
can you give me some steps to follow now

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We'll need more information about the motherboard, as it will probably be made by someone else. If you are lucky, there may be a tool to alter the boot image.

You should be able to find out more about your motherboard if you run this tool:

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
The problem with Alienware is it is made by Dell. The motherboard is most likely made by ASUS, Gigabyte or some other contracted OEM supplier to Dell's proprietary specifications and exclusive use. That means you cannot go to the motherboard maker, buy the same board and build your own Alienware.

Because these are made exclusively for Dell, they likely have a proprietary BIOS. And while you may be able to buy a similar board from the board maker that allows you to disable or change the logo (as I can with my Gigabyte and Ian can with his ASUS) you may not be able to with your "branded" board. So I am just saying, don't get your hopes up.

Did you look in your BIOS Setup Menu to see if you are able to disable it or change it? Not all allow you to change but I think most allow you to disable the "Full Screen Logo Show" option. If your menu has a "Quick Boot" option, on some systems, that also disables the displaying of logos during boot.

If using a 3rd party tool, I would also suggest you backup your current BIOS/CMOS information (if yours allows it) before making changes - just in case.

Ask a Question