SOLVED Cannot send email from outlook 2007

Reaction score
Hi there,
I can receive my email on outlook2007, but I can not reply nor send email through outlook; I receive the following error message: ,<< Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).>> . Everything else works fine on these other networks, but I have to go to my server websites that I am pulling my email from to be able to send or reply to them. Any idea what I have wrong please?

Windows 7 COMPAQ HP 64 bit and OUtlook 2007.
Thanks
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Does it work at all from an other computer?
I had a similar problem some time ago. The supplier had changed the outgoing port, without warning us, so we had to change the settings.

For the first time ever, I actually advise you to do what Windows tells you. Contact your server admin and ask him if anything was changed.

By the way, please don't do multiple threads for one same problem. People can get confused.

Cheers,
Fire Cat

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yes, call your ISP and they should be able to help you set the proper mail server.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Configuring POP and SMTP settings can be tricky sometimes.

Whatever email provider you're using also has a HELP section on how to configure most common email applications such as Outlook and Thunderbird. These instructions are usually very concise and easy to follow, just take your time.

If you're still having trouble then it is best to get help from your ISP tech support.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personally, I prefer to access my email from my browser since it much safer that way and less issues with spam, sometimes malware, trojans and such can sneek in when one uses an email application.

Just my 2 cents on that! ;)

Reaction score
is not the POP/SMTP configuration problem; cause I used to send email with the same outlook account!
I checked if something wrong happen with the pop/smtp setting, but everything was quite ok...

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
As firecat mentioned, your ISP may have changed the port. They may have used unsecure and now use secure connections, etc. The best, and only advice I will recommend is to call your ISP anf have them walk you through the settings they require.

Last edited:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
As firefox mentioned, your ISP may have changed the port. They may have used unsecure and now use secure connections, etc. The best, and only advice I will recommend is to call your ISP anf have them walk you through the settings they require.
Who's Firefox? :hmmmm2:

If it is the case, the reason you can use your email on an other computer or online, is because the settings were updated there, or that the account was added AFTER the port modification.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Who's Firefox? :hmmmm2:
That's you! You've been upgraded from a kitty cat to a fox now! LOL!

The girls in Holland and France won't have a chance now that a "fox" is on the streets! :eek:

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
That's you! You've been upgraded from a kitty cat to a fox now! LOL!

The girls in Holland and France won't have a chance now that a "fox" is on the streets! :eek:

And then will come the tiger... :D

Reaction score
Thanks every one,
my issue is now solved; My hosting provider changed the outgoing port(SMPT) without prompting

Ask a Question