SOLVED Cannot connect to existing wi-fi

Reaction score
I run the 64-bit version of 7 on my Dell OptiPlex. I recently moved to a new place which boasts of having wi-fi. Another tenant was able to connect to it on her phone. So far so good.

I, however, have not had any such luck. As far as I remember, at the previous apartment I simply left-clicked on the connection icon in the activity bar, and up came a long list of other tenants' wi-fi connections. W/o my having to make any system adjustments.

Now, what comes up is this meager list:

No mention of other possible connections. What can be done about this?
Thank you,
Göran

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It is possible that the wireless router they have is not set to broadcast its' name. By not broadcasting the only way most people would find it is by knowing the router name.

The other possibility is that the signal is too weak to reach your for your wireless card.

Can you find the router if you turn the Wi-Fi on in your phone?

Reaction score
It is possible that the wireless router they have is not set to broadcast its' name. By not broadcasting the only way most people would find it is by knowing the router name.
The other possibility is that the signal is too weak to reach your for your wireless card.
Can you find the router if you turn the Wi-Fi on in your phone?
Thank you TrainableMan. I think the problem is solved. The problem was me all along. The 3040 has a built in wireless card:

A long while back, for some reason I removed it and stowed it…somewhere. Now I’ll have to try and find it or else buy a new one.

PS: How do I up your rep on this site?

Ask a Question