cannot see my videos

Reaction score
Hello and I hope someone can help me out in this issue , I have a laptop toshiba M7 everything is working fine but when i inserted a DVD movie or CD-R or software discs for program installation cannot autoplay after i inserted , I alreday went to the my windows 7 ultimate area to fix this in the autoplay area i did set up the autoplay already but doesn't work ...also in this windows were is the area to we can see the DVD drive in that way we can right click and play ? thanks

Reaction score
Hi luishugo - Welcome to the site :ciao:

If you do not have an icon under computer for your CD/DVD drives then they have not been setup properly. An icon should show for the device regardless of whether you have a disk in the drive or not.

Here is a screenshot of my Computer folder. Note I do not have a disk in either drive.
Computer.jpg

Reaction score
thanks but ...

Thanks amigo for the reply but how I can fix this ? . , thanks.

Reaction score
Press "WinLogo + Pause" then select "Device Manager"
or
Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager

First Thing to check would be if you have the device in the list. If you are not showing any "DVD/CD-ROM Devices", there is a problem with the computer hardware. This may or may not be fixed in the System Bios during Boot.

Second thing to check would be if there is a yellow icon on any of your devices. Windows Update usually repairs the devices with this yellow icon. If there is a yellow icon on any of your devices then assuming you have run Windows Update, Windows Update is not sure what to do. Remove the device and then reboot. After rebooting windows should try setting the device back up. If windows cannot setup the device automatically you will need to provide drivers.

Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions

Third thing to check would be if windows is assigning a drive letter to the drive. If there is not a drive letter assigned to the drive. Right click on the drive and then choose "Change Drive Letter and Paths" to assign one for the drive.

Attachments

Reaction score
question

thanks amigo for the reply thi is my situation I saw a dvd-drive matshita UJ-8415 ATA Device and have the yellow question the way you explained to me I follow the instructions about right click and update driver ...I did and apeared a windows = the drive have succefull update ...but still the problem ...also I cannot add the icon drive in my computer area because doesn't have that option ...I still have the problem ...also you suggest to disconnect the drive ...but fisically ? means open the laptop and disconnect and connect ? or click the option in device manager to unistall it ? ...thanks

Reaction score
also

I have this message inside the driver property
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

thanks

Reaction score
I wasn't talking about removing the the drive from the computer - I was talking about removing the device from the device manager so windows would set it back up and hopefully fix this issue.

Reaction score
finally

Oi meu amigo obrigado pela mensagem finalmente consegui concertar o problema , meu drive esta funcionando bem agora.
hello my friend thanks for the message finally I did fix the problem now my dvd drive is working fine , thanks.

Reaction score
Oi meu amigo obrigado pela mensagem finalmente consegui concertar o problema , meu drive esta funcionando bem agora.
hello my friend thanks for the message finally I did fix the problem now my dvd drive is working fine , thanks.
Ainda bem,qualquer coisa apita aí do outro lado ok!!
Boa sorte:ciao:

Ask a Question