SOLVED Cannot format NTFS in new build W7Pro 64bit

Reaction score
Lovely last machine for this old guy.
One 500GB shows in Computer and the optical disk drive.
Two 1TB do not show there.
In Control Panel under Hardware, Device Manager all three show - status 'The device is working properly'.

I can feel all three are rotating.
To format I need them showing in 'Computer'. All are Western Digital.

Any ideas welcomed, are thew size limits? I have used WD 1TB as external use Back Up for years.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Run diskmgmt.msc and see if it can see all three drives and what condition it says they are in.

If they are formatted then all you need to do is right-click and assign it a drive letter, otherwise you may need to choose a different option to allocate space, etc.

If you can't figure it out from disk management then please post a screenshot so we can at least see what you see there.

Reaction score
TrainableMan,

Thanks so musc for the response, most appreiative.

Got it when I got a clue what i was expecting to find was screen 'Computer Management', but my 80 memory had failed. Searched for it, found wher it was and got it to show. familier way from then on.

My screens ar full of icons as you can imagine.

all i have ti do now is fine how to sigh thei off as the forum asks befor i have a nap.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The log out option is in the menu ... center top.
Logout.jpg

Ask a Question