Cannot delete the previous owner of a refurbished HP Elitebook 8460p laptop

CAG

Reaction score
I have repeatedly attempted to remove hp, the existing former owner of the Windows 7 Professional 64 bit laptop and change it to my own name, CAG but no matter what I do, hp keeps returning.
I tried deleting hp, shutting down the computer and restarting it but it kept coming back.
I moved all my files, (copied and pasted,) from hp into CAG, then deleted hp
I was able to get myself assigned as the owner/administrator but when I start up again, everything still goes onto hp.
If I try to access CAG I am told I do not have permission to access the files because the program is currently in use somewhere else.
I am at my wits end as it seems to me that there is one thing I have not done that would make this a simple procedure and I have no clue as to what it might be.
Can anyone help me?
CAG

Reaction score
I don't have a quick and easy solution. I generally tend to start fresh with every machine I deal with, to avoid these issues.

My only recommendation would be to use the OEM key under the battery compartment. This key will activate a new install of Windows.

Microsoft Windows ISO Download Tool - http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6874-windows-iso-download-tool.html
This new tool allows an easy and comfortable way to download genuine Windows 7, 8.1 and 10, as well as Office 2007, 2010 and 2011 disk images (ISO) directly from Microsoft's servers.
You don't need the OEM install media. I've used the standard retail version on all the Elitebook 8460p's I've dealt with. That's one of the few Laptops I have had dealings with.

If you have doubts about the download host location. I am also a long term residence of their Articles/Forum and will stand behind their site for being one of the best locations to download from. They don't bundle their installer packages with third party trash.

Ask a Question