Can print a test page but default print can't be set

Reaction score
I have Win 7 running on VMware with the following allocated: Intel 2.66GHz, x64, 1.5 GB RAM, 25 Gig HD. Printer is a Xerox Phaser 8550DP on my network.

If I try to print from Visio I get "An error (507) occurred during the action Print. There is no default printer.

If I go to Devices and Printers the window just hangs as if it won't ever stop looking yet never displays anything.

I can print from IE so I tried to set the default printer from here and I get "Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709. Double check the printer name and make sure that the printer is connected to the network."

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason

Reaction score
So no one wanted to try and answer this post. Well I found a way around my problem.

The way I got past this problem is I installed free Bullzip PDF Printer and next thing you know, I am able to print. Strange!!!!!!

I was also able to change my default printer to my Xerox but I still am unable to get to Devices and Printers.

Jason

Reaction score
I would try and help Jason but I'm not a virtualization guy. Sorry

If you can wait a little longer maybe one of the other guys can help. There are a few on here that have used virtualization software.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
So no one wanted to try and answer this post. Well I found a way around my problem.
If you want tech help at every drop of a dime then there are services for that you can pay for. It's a little rude to expect instant gratification from complete strangers that are willing to go out of their way to help you, we do have lives outside of the internet and aren't online 24/7.

That said, I'm glad you found a work around for the problem. It sounds like the driver software for the printer didn't install correctly, I know you said you are using VMWare but honestly the situation isn't really any different from. Link

Reaction score
Sorry

After rereading my post I agree I did sound rude, sorry. When I was writing it I didn't intend on being rude. Thank you for your help and I will be more careful how I word things.

Jason

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
It happens to everyone now than then. No hard feelings jlandstrom. :)

Ask a Question