Can I install win 7on my laptop powered vista OS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
hi guys,
I've a Toshiba Laptop...
its OS is powered by vista..
I want to change it to win7 32 bit..
My question to you is, Can I install win 7on my laptop powered vista OS??
How??
I've never installed win7 operating before..
helps required.??

Reaction score
Welcome Omarion. It will help if you tell us what sort of processor you have, how much memory, stuff like that. If your machine is happily running Vista it should run Win7 32bit without problems from a hardware point of view.

However anecdotal evidence seems to suggest that a clean install on a new or re-formatted Hard drive works better then just doing an upgrade over your existing Vista OS.

You'll need to obtain a full version copy of Windows 7, we can go from there.
Others will pitch in with more knowledge then I can provide you with.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
In addition to Mychael's great advice, I'd recommend you download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor tool from Microsoft. It will inspect your computer for Windows 7 compability and make recommendations based on what it finds.

Reaction score
yes u can install and u can have the drivers as well from the toshiba web site it is a very good window realy helps u a lot in ur works.......

Reaction score
Here is the suggestion from microsoft before upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 7

Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

Find out if your PC can run Windows 7

To see if your PC is ready for Windows 7, download the free Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. It scans your PC for potential issues with your hardware, devices, and installed programs, and recommends what to do before you upgrade. (If you’re already running Windows 7, you can add premium features online with a Windows 7 upgrade.)

The Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor checks for compatibility issues.

If your PC can run Windows Vista, it can probably run Windows 7, but it's still a good idea to download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor before you begin the upgrade process.
Note: Information about your PC will be sent to Microsoft, but no information will be used to identify or contact you. For more information, read the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor privacy statement.

Before you begin

Before scanning your PC with the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor, be sure to plug in and turn on any USB devices or other devices, such as printers, external hard disks, and scanners, that you regularly use with the PC you're checking.

Download the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
James please avoid posting to old threads unless you have some vital information that wasn't already covered. This post is over 3 months old and the OP (original poster) either already upgraded or chose not too; in either case they never returned.

In general reopening anything over 3 months old is to be avoided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question