can i install 7 ultimate both 32-bit & 64-bit in 1 PC ??

Reaction score
hi all,

can i install win 7 ultimate both 32-bit & 64-bit in 1 PC ??

in same drive c: but different folder ?
or different drive?
install 32-bit first or 64-bit first ?

thank u very much..

Reaction score
Hi roy_harlie - Welcome to w7forums

Do you have a separate license for both versions? If you only have one license you are only allowed one install so you need to decide which you want installed. If you have two license, both versions can be installed to different drives only. As far as I am aware, it doesn't matter which version is installed first.

The one tip that I will give before installing either versions, set the drive as active before you install to that drive. This will keep the boot files separated and you can easily remove one of the installs later if you choose too, simply by changing which drive is active and booting.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
hi all,

or different drive?

thank u very much..
The main question to me is, WHY? I am not trying to flame here, was just curious, that's all.

This doesn't make much sense. Nearly all 32 bit software will run on x64 OS.

It will work better on two different hard drives though. If you only have one hard drive it will have to be two separate partitions I believe.

Also, what c_c told you is correct! Only one product key may be used per one install, even though the product key is good for either the 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
hi all,

or different drive?

thank u very much..
Hi Roy

Yes you can, I talk regular to a software engineer mate who has done this from XP 32/64-bit for testing purposes and recommends two hard drives and using the first partition for the two OSs on each drive, your PC needs to be able to support 64-bit computing. Perform a clean install to each drive and EasyBCD can be used for arranging boot order etc ... good luck :)

Reaction score
The main question to me is, WHY? I am not trying to flame here, was just curious, that's all.

This doesn't make much sense. Nearly all 32 bit software will run on x64 OS.
all game can run properly in 64-bit?

hmm, coz i heard from some friend not all application work in 64-bit

if install 32-bit and 64-bit, i can choose best OS for that application if not working in 64-bit..

Reaction score
Hi roy_harlie - Welcome to w7forums

Do you have a separate license for both versions? If you only have one license you are only allowed one install so you need to decide which you want installed. If you have two license, both versions can be installed to different drives only. As far as I am aware, it doesn't matter which version is installed first.
win 7 ultimate came with 32-bit and 64-bit,
only can install 1 of them ??

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Yes you can but you will need to full format the partition / drive holding your 32-bit version then clean install your 64-bit version ... activation should be no problem but if there is any Microsoft will help (I have found Microsoft Customer Help to be very understanding and helpful).

Ask a Question