SOLVED I've never had more problems installing software. Ultimate 64 bit

Reaction score
I am starting to think that the 64 bit version of Windows 7 is the unfriendliest OS I have ever used. I can't get Windows Mobile Device Center to see my phone. It's an HTC Touch which I had set up on another PC using Ultimate 32 bit version. I have tried to install Activesync which was the software that originally came with the phone but then I get something telling me that my Flash Player needs to be version 8.0 or higher when I have 10.xx installed. I'm really getting confused and frustrated, not something that one wants while trouble shooting. I am by no means an expert but I have never had so much trouble wieth Software intallations in the past, but of course it could be the Explorer 9 which I have found is still full of glitches.

Help please!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
One article I read was talking about "Windows Mobile Device Center 6 for Vista 32-bit" which would seem to suggest at least 6.0 was only for 32-bit systems.

There is a 6.1 available now and there is a link for 64-bit. See the Microsoft Article here.

Reaction score
I actually did the oppisite of one of the fixes that I found while searching for answers and Windows finally found my phone and it seems that everything is in order to sync between the two devices.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I went ahead and marked this solved then. Should you need to reopen it, simply mark it not solved using the Thread Tools above.

Ask a Question