Bunch of random BSODs

Reaction score
So I've looked through the forums here and around the web and have found no solutions, maybe i'm overlooking something. My computer will randomly crash, I cant link the issues to any one program or task that I am doing. I used WhoCrashed to analyze the mini dumps, and it said my Hauppauge driver was messing things up as well as a windows kernel (ntoskrnl.exe). The Hauppauge unit displayed as separate audio and video drivers, so i rolled both back, nothing happened (unless i did something wrong here). What is interesting, as a side note, I basically never use the Hauppauge card, and it hasn't prompted me for updates since I installed it.

I have also run the memory diagnostic from the OS install disk to no avail, and i have run disk check. I'm fairly sure it isn't hardware, its some driver. I just have no idea how to handle the errors/crashes caused by that windows kernel.

If you need more info let me know. I attached the .zip of all the dumps/cpuz report and my computer specs are below. Thanks in advance.

Motherboard - Gateway EG43M
CPU - Core 2 Quad Q8400
RAM - 8gb DDR3
Graphics - Nvidia GeForce G210
TV Tuner - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600

Attachments

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums.

Your issue lies with this driver from Hauppage for the hardware you have from them:

Code:
hcw18bda hcw18bda.sys Thu May 28 11:48:13 2009
Please update it:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support.html

-----

You will do well to update this Realtek HD Audio driver too:

Code:
RTKVHD64 RTKVHD64.sys Mon Jul 06 05:18:54 2009
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

-----

Your video card wants a driver update:

Code:
nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Sun Apr 19 23:43:35 2009
NVIDIA

----

This network driver seriously needs an update:

Code:
e1y60x64 e1y60x64.sys Mon Aug 18 17:45:05 2008
Please let Intel's website scan for you to find latest drivers and install:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?iid=gg_support-EN_01+home_downloadctr

-----

There are other potential issues such as the AVG and a driver or two I don't like. If you run into further issues, please post new crash dumps after doing the above.

Do the first one I've shown first, as it is the most needed.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
After updating drivers and everything, which seems to be a solution, Torrent G can help you with that, I ran PC tune up, mainly for defrag cuz was not expecting a lot of software or registry errors just yet, but there were lots of them, and repairing them seemed to help a little. At least everything got faster, it might be something to use on a semi regular basis.

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I updated everything, if anything happens that shouldnt i'll post back here. For future reference, how did you find out the information about the drivers as you have it posted?

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. I updated everything, if anything happens that shouldnt i'll post back here. For future reference, how did you find out the information about the drivers as you have it posted?
You're welcome.

I analyzed your crash with WinDbg. I saw problem drivers and since I know where there at, I provided helpful links.

Ask a Question