BSoD: System_service_exception

Reaction score
So I have been getting this BSoD for the last 4 days.

The BSoD is system_service_exception.

BSoD times: Once while playing GTA 4

Than while watching youtube:eek:

The last one was a day ago, while starting an AMRA 2: OA mission.

Here are 2 minidumps. I don't have a third because that was before I enabled minidumps.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4o2pp0tgcd57f1p/Minidump2.zip

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'm not a BSOD expert but based on what you said these are the most likely things I recommend you try:

First scan for viruses in Safe Mode as explained >>HERE<<

Make sure you have the latest nvidia video drivers

And make sure you are running the latest patches on GTA 4. I saw patch 7 (1.0.7.0) from Mar 13, 2011 but there may be newer. And you should probably try Beta patch 102678 from March 1, 2013 for Operation Arrowhead.

Reaction score
I was fine for a while but got a new BSoD. It said something like sysrql cannot system service, something like that. I am posting from my friends laptop because my PC wont boot at all! It went to the startup motherboard image but the image had some graphical errors and it did nothing. I tried again and it's just a black screen and the mouse and keyboard wont turn on too. What do I do?

Reaction score
By the way I updated all drivers so everything is up to date

EDIT: Also, after it starts, I try to shut it off, and I wait for 30 mins and nothing happens so I have to force shut-down

EDIT 2: PC is back up.
When I started it it said Boot Failed: Either overclock or POST failed.

I don't overclock so I guess the POST failed:confused:

It asked if I wanted to continue or default the settings, I chose all default settings and it booted up.

EDIT 3: Going to boot in safemode and do some scans.
Also I can't find a download for the root killer

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I'm no expert either but without seeing your computer specs, it's starting to sound like the power supply could be going. However your latest successful boot may contradict that.

Tell us more about your computer specs if you can.

Reaction score
Windows wouldn't boot up, so it asked if I wnated to find the issue.

It reverted the and older version.

Also I got a new BSoD saying windows found a problem and it had to shut down

dump is attached

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Might be a good idea to put in the Windows 7 DVD and boot to it. Then run a system repair from the installation screen. Of course if your hard drive is failing then this won't really help.

Reaction score
I bought my PC from a shop and they had all the basic windows stuff installed already.

I did not get any DvD, the PC already had everything installed

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You can download it and burn it to DVD (or even a 4GB flash drive). Find links HERE. Be sure to get the same bit-size and version (Home Premium, Professional, etc).

It is important you burn it as a system bootable DVD so use burner software like freeware IMGBurn.

Reaction score
I have found something that might be the issue.

In my devices and printers, there is an unknown device with no drivers, and I can't find any drivers to update it.

There is no information on it and it just shows that it needs drivers.

I have no idea what it is

Reaction score
Still got a BSoD again... this time it says windows how found a problem and shut down to protect my files.

Ask a Question