BSOD issue

Reaction score
Im having this same BSOD issue however I have previously had a few other issues which I thought were down to a RAM problem, I have since removed a stick of RAM and the BSOD seemed to stop completely for maybe 2 weeks having had them daily previously. If someone would be so kind to analyse them I have included the zipped minidump info.

Thank you in advance for any help anyone can offer....

For information my system:
4Gb DDR3 RAM (Currently 2Gb as I am waiting for the other two to come back from the supplier who has said they will replace)
Phenom II X4 955 (3.2 Ghz)
NVIDIA Geforce 9800 GT
Windows 7 proffesional
2 x 320 GB western digital hard drives 2 raid partitions raid0

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi and welcome. All cases are different, so I've moved your post to its own thread so it can be dealt with independently from others.

Yes, you do have a RAM issue since all of your drivers are fine. You're welcome to post 2 screenshots of CPU-Z.

One of the spd tab and the other of the memory tab. Perhaps the bios is set incorrectly for you and we can fix that.

Or the RAM could just be faulty.

Reaction score
fairly impressed with a under 5 minute reply! cheers

Here are the print screens of CPU-Z, as you requested any help will be greatly appreciated

you may be right about the RAM being broke though I bought the ram as part of a motherboard bundle and it doesn't seem to be the best quality.

Lance

Attachments

Reaction score
Yep, your bios is set wrong.

Load the Optimized Defaults on the first page in the bios. Save. Reboot to Windows and post a new screen shot of the memory tab.

Reaction score
could this be something to do with the RAM being in slot 4? Some one told me it should be in the primary slot.... I thought it was but slot four doesn't sound very primary...

Reaction score
Change that tRAS 24 number in the bios to a 25. Save.

You should put all of your memory in, starting with the slot closest to the cpu.

Reaction score
ok so I have move the RAM it is now in slot 1 and changed the Tras setting to 25 and that has come up on CPU-Z so that seems to have been successfull. it says my DRAM frequency is 669.6 is this the same as the SPD speed rating?

as the RAM should be 1333 Mhz according to the supplier or is this different?

do you think this should solve my problems?

Is this likely to mean the RAM I took out pressuming it was broken may have not been faulty?

thank you so much for your help by the way

Reaction score
also not to insult your computer no how as you are clearly a hundred times more aware of these things than me but I have noticed on the manufacturer of the RAM site that it says the tras value should be 24 as it was previously.....

Reaction score
heh heh I hear ya. The spd programmed into the RAM says differently though.

Have you had any crashes since the change?

Reaction score
heh heh I hear ya. The spd programmed into the RAM says differently though.

Have you had any crashes since the change?
Nah no crashes yet everything seems fine and I'm not imagining it moving the ram may have sped my pc up a bit.... I think I will contact the vendor regarding the ram just appears to be cheap rubbish. I will post if I do have anymore problems thanks for you help it's greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
Yep, you're welcome. And yes, the memory is of a cheap no-name brand and it doesn't even show the part number in CPU-Z.

But perhaps it's all fixed. Good luck.

Reaction score
ok so I got my RAM back from the supplier and all seemed to be well and good, brilliant I thought and then 2 black screens of death.... awesome. so I have no idea what to do as I havent dealt with them before does windows log the causes anywhere?
cheers for anyhelp

Reaction score
If you aren't having bsods with crash dumps, then RAM is not the issue. Suggest to uninstall all old, unnecessary and/or tweaking type of software you have.

Reaction score
ahh I think I may have spotted a commonality, I think they only happen when I have the ASUS EPU-4 engine is on performance mode... very odd

Reaction score
No, that's not odd. That type of software always causes all sorts of issues. Best advice is to uninstall completely.

Sure, it might save power. But it also saves you from using a working pc.

Reaction score
it would appear my problems are back with avengance, It has taken me about 10 minutes just to get the computer to boot windows as it seems to be crashing during boot up. I have a attached a crash dump it made this time. there appears to be no correlation between anything they seem to be entirely random sometimes they are while the computer is under reaonable load and other times when there is almost nothing at all I am seriously considering sending the whole lot back to the company who supplied it all.
Any help though would be massively appreciated.

Attachments

Ask a Question