BSOD issues

Reaction score
Hello there,

Well, I'm back! and with more bluescreens. I had a few intermittent ones after installing my new graphics card, but I solved them after totally wiping all the drivers with driver cleaner and installing fresh brand spanking new ones.

However, the last 24 hours have suddenly yielded three bluescreens, which is getting toward the point where I get fed up with the damned thing. Ergo, a little assistance needed to decipher these minidumps and solve the problem.

See attached minidumps of the last three BSOD

Help! Please! Driving me scatty

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
One of them points to your video driver: atikmdag.sys, dated Feb 26, 2013. Check for an updated driver HERE. It is also recommended you do NOT use the Catalyst Control Center that comes with the video driver; get the Catalyst uninstaller HERE. The others point to windows files which, if you are up-to-date on your updates, is more a catch-all and not the actual problem.

Other than that I don't know what to tell you.

Reaction score
Thanks Trainable Man. I went to that version of the drivers because the ones I was using caused colours to be displayed badly in Photoshop, and acknowledged bug apparently. Wasn't aware there were more recent ones (I am also somewhat a fan of "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" so if I get drivers that seem to work, I stick with them!)

I've removed my drivers and such with the tool you provided, and I am installing the 13.5 Beta2 drivers which were released on the 2nd of May I believe. Fingers crossed!

Ask a Question