Bootmgr is Missing!?? Help!!

Reaction score
My little sister has a Dell Inpiron 1545 with windows 7 on it. now when she tries to turn it on it says "bootmgr missing" AND even though we've spent up tp 2hrs trying to re-install her windows 7 it doesn't work... how can we fix her boot manager so that we can re-install her OS???

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Normally all you do is put in the W7 DVD and run the repair option. Then reboot.

But if you already started a reinstall then you may have corrupted the OS.

It's also possible her hard drive is failing and will no longer hold the information, in which case the hard drive will need replaced.

Reaction score
This can normally happen if the Compress this drive to save disk space option is enabled for the system drive which is normally the C drive(In my case,it is the E deive)
If you have tried to install Windows 7 to the same drive as the older system partition,The install process will stop after the last reboot and you will be stuck with a black screen with
Bootmgr mising press del to restart or some thing like that.

Go to http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerrormessage/a/bootmgr-is-missing.htm
and ckeck if that helps

http://cyberst0rm.blogspot.com/2007/04/how-to-fix-bootmgr-is-missing-in.html
Vista and Windows 7 are the same(6.0 and 6.1) so anything that can fix vista cand fix Windows 7

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
if it has a split hard drive,, drive C and drive D, there is a hidden partition on drive D to do a factory default restore,

Reaction score
Hey m1r2hud,

I own ASUS & Dell laptop. I was using Dell laptop these days due to it's pretty decent performance. But, suddenly when I switched it on then this bootgmr is missing started showing. I don't want to spend bucks to replace anything in my laptop. Is there any solution that comes handy & might be cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question