SOLVED Help my PC is messed up

Reaction score
When i went to bed last night about 1 Am my pC was working great earlier that day google chrome had uninstalled itslef and i had to reinstall it but that wasnt anything i thought twice about this morning around 9 Am i get on my computer and I'm an author so i went to access my files i clicked on the folder my works in and It told me it couldnt access it it was corrupted so i rebooted my PC hoping that would work and let scan disk do its thing on the second go round because the first time when it got to 23% and Stopped for an hour i thought it had stuck anyway IT kinda worked qand kinda messed up my entire PC which is getting up their yeah but still it was working fine yesterday now when i right click on anything picture document ect Windows exploere stops working and restarts and i have to go from the documents folder to the folder i have my work in or it shows and empty folder same with most of my picture folders Any one able to help me out ohh and when my internet went down earlier i tried to fix it useing the Diagnostic tool and it gave me the error message with error code 8007002 Any one know whats up i mean i cnat afford to loose my work and then my pictures are also Important and not backed up the only other thing i can think to mention is when i tried to open a picture it says the application failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. please see the application event log or use the command line sxstrace.exetool for more detail i am also given an error message in regards to google chrome and have to use INternet Explorer and cant access FaceBook either HELP.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Computer Hard Drives do go bad and it is quite possible that is what is happening to your computer. If the hard drive is going bad then unfortunately your data may already be lost. You could try a PC repair place but odds are you will pay $200 or more with little or no data recovery. There is software you can try but if it can find files to recover you have to buy it to have it recover them. The only one I ever used was Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery; the reason I liked that one is that it told me what files it could see before I paid money to have it recover them.

We always encourage people to make regular back-ups to a separate drive or an online backup service like One Drive for just such events where the data nay no longer be available on the main hard drive.

If it is hard drive corruption/failure then you will want to recover all the data you can as soon as possible, off to a backup hard drive/USB stick/DVDs etc. Then you will need to have the hard drive replaced & the operating system reinstalled to try and even get back to a working computer.

... Less likely, based on the 23% scandisk, but also possible, would be some sort of virus hiding/renaming your files to hold them for ransom. But in that case you would probably see a virus warning etc recommending you buy their so-called anti-virus software to repair your machine

Reaction score
Computer Hard Drives do go bad and it is quite possible that is what is happening to your computer. If the hard drive is going bad then unfortunately your data may already be lost. You could try a PC repair place but odds are you will pay $200 or more with little or no data recovery. There is software you can try but if it can find files to recover you have to buy it to have it recover them. The only one I ever used was Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery; the reason I liked that one is that it told me what files it could see before I paid money to have it recover them.

We always encourage people to make regular back-ups to a separate drive or an online backup service like One Drive for just such events where the data nay no longer be available on the main hard drive.

If it is hard drive corruption/failure then you will want to recover all the data you can as soon as possible, off to a backup hard drive/USB stick/DVDs etc. Then you will need to have the hard drive replaced & the operating system reinstalled to try and even get back to a working computer.

... Less likely, based on the 23% scandisk, but also possible, would be some sort of virus hiding/renaming your files to hold them for ransom. But in that case you would probably see a virus warning etc recommending you buy their so-called anti-virus software to repair your machine
Thanks and every time i restart i do get a message from a free virus scann i tried out about 6 mos ago Malwarebites and removed 2 months latter because i didnt like the way it worked its annoying because i just dont have the $$$ for this because my cars caytalatic converter just went out and thats gonna cost over 400 to fix butthanks and i'll get that stuff backed up asap would a hard drive issue cause it to mess up on Fcebook and obnly facebook's web site or is it a virus you think?

Reaction score
Face book causes IE to stop responding before it finishes loading the site it tries but just cant do it and thats a new development that occured affter scan disk is that a sign of the hard drive going bad or a virus because looks like other sites are working fine and when I click on chrome it says the procedure entry point cant be found in the dynamic link..i don't understand any of that computer jargon

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I thought you said scandisk never completes? Now it sounds like you were able to get past the scan & access the internet via IE?

Can you see your data in My Documents? Music? etc?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There are different ways a hard drive can go bad. One way is that sectors start going bad. If a program was stored in that sector then it won't work or may be missing important files it needs. If data was there then that piece of data may no longer be accessible.

Since it sounds like you can boot your machine, go to Windows Explorer (the File Folders, not Internet Explorer). Right-click on the C: drive & choose Properties. If you have a Tools Tab click there & choose scan drive.

NOTE: Do not choose optimize or defrag the drive. If the hard drive is going bad then the less data you move around before you get everything backed-up, the better off you will be.

Reaction score
I thought you said scandisk never completes? Now it sounds like you were able to get past the scan & access the internet via IE?

Can you see your data in My Documents? Music? etc?
the FIRST time it went to scandisk it gto 23 % andstayed their over hour so i powered off
Rebooted and tried again and it finished
affter my Files were nolonger corrupted BUT can only be accessed ffrom the library and when I try to open a picturei get the ERROR message i mentioned above.
i get the same error message when i try to open kindle as i do with Google Chrome.
when i a document or the internet up they pulseate(1/2 thetime) making typing difficult.
MSE Free Virus scann= 0 threts
IEacesses Certian sites at diffrent times but no FBwillCauseit to be Unresponsive and close out
before SKN DSK IT worked Better but my Files said they were corrupted
trying Your suggestion Now

Reaction score
affter Scanning for and attempting repair of bad sectors i still cant access google chrome and i can access face book now tried opening pictures still wont open individualy same error message

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It is the bad sectors that are the issue; lots of bad sectors would confirm Hard Drive failure. It sounds like the problem is pretty severe, did you notice how many bad sectors were found? You should avoid using the computer until you back up your files, because every time you risk loosing more.

If the hard drive is bad you will want to replace the hard drive; reinstall your OS, reinstall your programs, and then reinstall the data you backed up. Note: in order to reinstall the OS you will need installation disks & your product key.

Reaction score
thanks documents were e-mailed to my self yesterday as i dont have the $$$ for exdtra Cd's or thumnb drives Putting the pics i can on FB and Emails now

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You might check out Microsoft One Drive. Create an account & it gives you online storage where you can upload your data to use as an online back up.

Ask a Question