Bluescreen's Help.

Shintaro

Reaction score
I'll have a look at the crashes when I get back. Hopefully driver verifier will be helpful.

Reaction score
Did you have any external drive attached to your system such as pen drive, external hard drive, floppy drive etc. If yes, then remove them ASAP and check what happens after that.

Reaction score
I had my portable harddrive attached but now its removed. The computer just BSOD 3 times, When i was playing a game then when the PC restarted it BSOD just after login then it BSOD before login, Now i have logged in seems to be okay but i still need help.

Im attaching the 3 minidumps.

Attachments

Reaction score
I will run this when i go to sleep, How do you mean individual sticks, Take one out?

Shintaro

Reaction score
If you have 2 x 2Gb RAM sticks, then wheat you do is remove one, test it, then replace it with the other RAM stick and test it.

BUT only if you feel that you can do this.

Reaction score
I will run this when i go to sleep, How do you mean individual sticks, Take one out?
Generally, Your MOBO have more than 1 RAM slot and if you have mutliple RAM attached to different slots, you should check it one by one to come out with faulty one.

Let's explain, Say you have 2 slots with 2 different RAM named A & B of same size. Remove RAM B and start system using only A, if everything goes fine, you have follow the same steps with other one. These steps will helps to find out the faulty RAM if any.

Hope it helps!!

Reaction score
@Shintaro So i remove one of the 2GB modules let it do 10 passes, Then insert the 2GB module i removed and do another 10 passes?

Shintaro

Reaction score
You are going to have to test RAM multiple ways.

oliverpowell is correct about the slots.

RAM stick in Slot 1 call it RAM Stick A
RAM stick in Slot 2 call it RAM Stick B

Test:

1. All RAM in PC
  2. Remove RAM stick from slot 2 (Stick B). Test the RAM stick in Slot 1 (Stick A)
  3. Remove RAM from Slot 1 (Stick A) and place Stick B in slot 1.
  4. Place Stick A in slot 2, now all RAM is in the PC and test.

This will take a while but it is the only way to find a fault in the RAM or in the motherboard RAM slots.

EDIT: Yes you will need to run each test for at least 10 passes. Sorry.

EDIT: Probably print this and that way you can mark off each test as you complete them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Okay thank you for the help, I will reply when i have done the lengthy task.

Reaction score
Well i ran the Memtest86+ and started with all the ram in the PC and i woke up to find 68 errors and only passed 3 hours, So the PC has somehow shutdown.

Reaction score
Im going to run the tests again now for a few hours so ill post a message when im back.

Shintaro

Reaction score
But which is that for? All 4Gb or a single 2Gb stick?
You need to find the faulty RAM stick.

Reaction score
I had all 4GB i had just ran the test for 6 hours and it came back with 156 errors. The thing is the ram is not that old and OCZ have a lifetime warranty so should i just RMA the ram then see if its my motherboard causing the problem.

Shintaro

Reaction score
If that is the easiest. But try to find which stick of RAM is faulty.

Is that RAM on the motherboards supported list?

Reaction score
No i don't think the ram is on the supported list, But if i use the ram on the supported list it is old and there only is a few.

Shintaro

Reaction score
It doesn't matter if the list is old. Your motherboard is old. Your not going to be able to run the latest and greatest RAM anyway.

Try and get some Kingston RAM from the list.

Ask a Question