SOLVED Blue Screens and App Crashes Playing Games

Reaction score
Hello again,

I posted here several months ago with pretty much the same problem as now, BSOD while playing certain games, but it's a little different this time and I need some assistance from someone.

I recently purchased a Gigabyte Gtx670 gpu to replace my 560ti (my psu is plenty strong enough to handle it) and after installing it Batman Arkham City will blue screen or CTD taking the taskbar and start button with it requiring a restart, sometimes just blue screening from there too. I've also had one blue screen with Battlefield Bad Company 2.

I've already tried replacing the 670 with my old 560ti but Arkham City doesn't care which gpu is in, I've also benched the 670, which has a factory overclock, with Furmark for 15min with no problems with heat or instability so I'm fairly sure it's not either of the gpu's.

One difference from my other threads is now the stop codes are mostly 0x7a but the last 2 I received were F4 stop crashes so it could very well be the same problem as before. I'm going to put pictures of the app crashes that were taking me to the desktop from Batman in with the dump files.

I'm aware that my keyboard drivers are old but as this is an older keyboard, they were the newest I could find. I ran a Chkdsk 2 days ago that didn't report any problems, Steam also verified that all the Batman files are intact. Both gpu's have run with the latest certified drivers from nVidia as well as some older ones on the 670 just to see if it would make any difference, but no luck there.

I've also manually increased the size of the paging file from 8124MB on auto to the recommended 12288MB. Also, I've tried reseating all sata and drive power cables, both gpu's and their power cables with no luck.

If you need any other information before helping me out just let me know and I'll try to provide it as best as I can.

Thanks for taking a look at my post.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
I wonder if a BIOS update might help. There seems to be a F11 and you appear to be on F9.

PROCESS_OBJECT: fffffa8009da7b30

IMAGE_NAME: csrss.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MODULE_NAME: csrss

FAULTING_MODULE: 0000000000000000

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at "0x%08lx" referenced memory at "0x%08lx". The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of "0x%08lx".

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_IOERR

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0
There are also RAID drivers.
http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3908#driver

Reaction score
Windows reccomended that the paging file should be that large but it wasn't set to be that big on the auto setting.

I'll update the raid drivers and the Bios to F11 and let you know if there is any improvement.

EDIT: Both of those Sata drivers appear to be preinstall drivers, also I don't have a floppy disk or a floppy drive for that matter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Good news,

I flashed my Bios to F11 as you suggested but a friend of mine was thinking graphics drivers since i just installed a new gpu, so he has me uninstall them and clean them completely out in safe mode with a program called Driver Sweeper. I rebooted and reinstalled the latest graphics drivers and so far no blue screens (fingers crossed, knock on wood, etc).

I'll mark this thread as solved for now but reopen it if my luck runs out.

Thanks for taking the time to look through my crash dumps Shintaro. Good luck with your studying and any exams that go with that.

Regards

Ask a Question