Consistent Blue screens, 3b

Reaction score
So with the zip, I included the minidumps, driver verifier, RAMMon, and CPU-Z screenshots of my situation.

This is a fresh reformat as of November 14th, but a little background: I built my computer (and its twin) October 2010 with the help of a few tech friends. The first computer has had zero issues to this day, but mine (lucky me) has since day one. I moved for a year and borrowed my friend's computer for gaming, which is why it's taken so long for me to sit down and finally figure out what the hell has been wrong. I found out over this summer that the CPU had been faulty, so I sent it in before my warranty ran out. The rolling blue screens had for the most part stopped, but cropped up again about a month later.

Part history:
>Mobo: sent in to get checked by Asus in May 2012, they sent it back saying it was fine (was hoping it wasn't the CPU to rule things out)
>PSU and GPU: New as of January 2012. power was bumped up from 450W to the current corsair tx650. I'm still scared this might be the problem.
>Cpu: sent in my faulty one and received a new cpu as of september 2012
>RAM: found out the ram i had been running with was for intel boards and not AMD. New sticks as of July 2012
>HDD: sent in October 2011 when my "friend" kicked my computer off the last step of the stairs during a move. SMART was tripped, so I had it sent in for a new one.

The blue screens happen when i'm sitting at the login in screen for windows, surfing the web (like facebook), and two just happened right when I was playing minecraft, or when I try to *start* certain games. If I can get a game up and running, I tend to have few issues (such as skyrim, borderlands or league of legends).

I'm baffled, and many of my issues have popped up as BCCode 24 before the reformat. I'm wondering if getting a new SSD for my OS might help and leave the Seagate as a secondary

I would be extremely grateful if you guys could help me figure out what's wrong. I'm wondering if it might be the harddrive again.

Thank you guys, so much, I appreciate the help

Specs, as copied from my profile page on here:

CPU: AMD phenom II X2 550 3.1 GHz
Motherboard: Asus M4A88T-M
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6850
Memory: AMD 8Gb DDR3 2x4, 1333 MHz
Storage Devices: Seagate Barracuda 1Tb 7200.12
Monitor: Asus 23"
Power Supply: Corsair TX650
Internet Connection: 10Mb wired

Attachments

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Welcome to the W7 Forums.

Please update:

AtihdW76.sys Thu Feb 23 23:30:12 2012 (4F463154)
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...d=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff88007a12490, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_c0000005_Rt64win7+16b6e

Please uninstall:
AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard (Known to cause BSODs)

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
thank you!! I downloaded and unzipped the realtek file, but I am unsure on what to do from there, or if that is good enough.

Also, I've searched and looked through many folders for the AMD Overdrive, but I'm having trouble finding it (it's not in the list of programs to uninstall, as well)

Shintaro

Reaction score
It will either be AMD overdriver or Easy Tuner...

Unzip the files to a directory.
Device manager -> Realtek LAN card (Something similar) -> Properties -> "Driver" tab -> "Update Driver" Button.
Direct it to the place where you unzipped the files.

Reboot.

Reaction score
appreciate it, i figured it out after a little bit. I found Overdrive under the AMD catalyst installer, however, it wasn't turned on. I clicked accept to turn it on, thinking that i could uninstall it there for good. I need to remove Catalyst and reinstall in order to revert back to default settings

thank you!

Shintaro

Reaction score
Got to Control Panel and uninstall Pando Media Booster
It gets installed with League of Legends. Apparently you don't need it.

Reaction score
That's odd, I thought that was pretty critical to League of Legends. It's uninstalled, thank you (and league still runs, but I can't test that out completely until later).

Shintaro

Reaction score
From what I have read it is a Peer-to-peer program.

Reaction score
I have to have the p2p program installed in order to receive updates for the game. I just had another crash (just got back from thanksgiving) and the new minidump is attached.

Are there any consistencies with this? is it all drivers? Could it possibly be my RAM's timings at all?

Attachments

Ask a Question