Several Blue Screens

Reaction score
hello

I've recently build a new computer and unfortunatelly ever since I'm having blue screens whenever I play games or much less frequent when I'm browsing the web

the most common are:
0x1a memory management
0x3b system service exception

I've already run memtest86 for 17h and came back 15 pass no error

I have
MotherBoard Asus P8Z77-M PRo
Intel I5-3570k
Geil Enhance Corsa 8gb
HD 7950

Attachments

Reaction score
Dyox~

Can you be more specific as to WHAT GAMES you are working with ??

Per you Mem test ( for 17 hours and 15 passes... and passing) that would seem to be ok..

~LoneWolf

Reaction score
League of Legends and Guild Wars 2 this one crashed (Blue screen) today 3 times in less than 5 minutes of gameplay

Skyrim is also having crashes but is to desktop so I cant be sure if its the same reason

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
At least one of the DMPs points to the video drivers and since you mentioned games that is the #1 cause of problems. Check at AMD for driver updates. It is also a good idea to remove the Catalyst Control Center and only install the Display Driver.

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Did you buy RAM that matches RAM listed in the RAM QVL for that specific motherboard (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77M_PRO/#support_QVL?

While memory testers like MemTest86 are good, no software based tester is conclusive. If they report errors, the RAM is bad. But some times, RAM that passes MemTest (or Windows 7/8 built-in Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool) may still not work correctly once installed, or will not play well when paired (or tripped) with other sticks.

So I would run with just 4G for a bit and see what happens. And for sure, stop any overclocking, if any, until resolved.

Finally, since this is a brand new system, your motherboard is under warranty. Don't do something that might jeopardize your warranty support.

Reaction score
since i changed to KIS PURE to MSessentials the ammount of blue screens reduced radically.

But applications (firefox, chorome) and games (skyrim, GW2, anno 2070) still crash to desktop alot

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
since i changed to KIS PURE to MSessentials
Is that what you meant to say? You should not run two real-time (in memory) anti-malware solutions at once. At worse, they cause conflicts (two dogs guarding the same bone, each wondering what the other is up to). At best, it is a waste of system resources.

Reaction score
I'm sorry i wanted to say Kaspersky Pure.

And since i removed it for MSessentials the blue screens are much fewer. But applications still crash alot.

Really sorry about the confusion

Digerati

Post Quinquagenarian
Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
I'm sorry i wanted to say Kaspersky Pure.
No problem there. I was just concerned you were running it AND MS Essentials at the same time.

Have you followed the other suggested advice?

Reaction score
sorry didn't have much free time this last few days

still didnt find just the drives for amd without the suite.
after this post gona take one of the rams out.

I asked in guildwars support for help regarding the crashes they asked me to run 'sfc /scannow' and it found some errors that it couldnt fix (log attached)

what does this mean?

Attachments

Ask a Question