Blue screen of death

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It is the second time in one week i've had the blue screen of death.
The error message is: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal. The crash happens while browsing in Chrome while doing multiple tasks (facebook, youtube, streaming a movie, google search etc.).
My computer is a laptop, brand Toshiba, model L670-142 Sattelite.
Specs are: MS WIN 7 64 bit SP1
I5 M 30 (2.27 ghz)
6 GB RAM
ATI MOB 5650

Thank you in advance

PS: See my crash .dmp file in attachment

Attachments

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The DMP points to Internet Download Manager; I suggest you uninstall it.

I'm not familiar with Internet Download Manager so it might also be a good idea to run a full virus scan from safe mode as explained HERE, after you remove it

Reaction score
That's too bad, it's software i paid for (around 20 euro's). It speeds up internet downloads and allows the user to download media such as videos straight off a webpage.
Could another solution be to just turn Internet Download Manager off, and only use it when needed?

Thanks for the quick reply!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The driver (idmwfp.sys, Dated April 5, 2013) is still installed whether you have the product turned on or off so it could still cause a problem. Maybe they have an updated driver or, if it worked fine until a month ago, maybe you could reinstall the older version of the driver? I suggest you contact their customer support since you paid for it; ask them if they have a fixed driver or would refund your money.

Ask a Question