Blackberry Software Stops responding

Reaction score
Whenever I start my Blackberry Desktop Manager I get this:

I always had the same problem with this software under Windows XP but if I just left the program run it would start responding again in 30 seconds or so. Windows 7 forces me to close the program the second it becomes unresponsive.

Is there any way to keep Windows from shutting down unresponsive software so I can see if it will "unfreeze", or if there is any other fix for it.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi Drew

Are you using the latest Desktop Manager 5.0.1 B49 ? I did have this installed but i hardly ever used it so when i changed my C drive i did not install, but it should work OK in 32 & 64-bit Windows 7, can you try installing as Admin and with UAC (User Account Control) on low setting or off just for the install)

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response.

I unistalled and reinstalled with UAC settings off. When I turn UAC back on the defualt settings it still freezes up, but if I turn UAC off completely the program works fine. I only sync or backup my Blackberry every couple of weeks so it's easy enough just to turn off UAC before I run the software.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
About the first thing i did when i installed Windows 7 was turn off UAC (I do not recommend this action for every Windows 7 user) this was just my personal choice :)

Ask a Question