iPhone, G1 or Blackberry Storm?

Reaction score
It's about time I upgraded my phone, but three phone catch my eye at the moment. The iPhone, G1 or Blackberry Storm all seem quite similar, and have web browsing apps (which is what I need)... but I can't decide which one to go for.

I've had a go on the Apple iPhone already and was impressed, but I've not seen or tried the other two options. Once the G1 arrives in T-Mobile stores I'll give it a go, but I'd be interested in opinions of users from the US that might have already tried them

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Add the Sony Xperia X1 to that list too ;)

http://www.sonyericsson.com/x1/

It's out any time now, and looks like it could be good. It's based on Windows Mobile which might be a good or bad thing depending on what you are using it for. The built in IE browser is rubbish from what I remember, but the Opera Mobile browser is almost as good as the iPhone Safari one :)

Reaction score
I've spend all day on youtube watching video reviews of all the phones listed above, and it has to be the iPhone. The Sony X1 comes in a close second, but Windows Mobile 6.1 looks too slow and clunky :(

Plus, the iPhone can run some decent 3D games :D

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I went into an o2 shop yesterday (a UK mobile phone store), and upgraded to the iPhone 3g. Did you go for one in the end too, spearace?

I tried out a Blackberry in the shop, but I don't know if it was the Storm version - and I still liked the iPhone better. I couldn't see any X1 there though which was a shame!

I'll have to start an iPhone/iPod Touch apps thread :D

Reaction score
Did you go for one in the end too, spearace?
Not yet, but I might get one this weekend now that I've been paid. It looks like if I go for the £45/month contract I get a free iPhone, but I can then downgrade to the £35/month plan after 9 months. Oddly, this saves money because there's no initial purchase price!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Not yet, but I might get one this weekend now that I've been paid. It looks like if I go for the £45/month contract I get a free iPhone, but I can then downgrade to the £35/month plan after 9 months. Oddly, this saves money because there's no initial purchase price!
Ah crap, I went for the £35 package straight away and had to pay up front for the phone. :banghead:

Not much in it I suppose - oh well, lesson learned!

Ask a Question