Big Problem with Gateway PC

Reaction score
So like an idiot I decided to install Win7 64-bit on a Personal Gateway Gm5260 that was vista ready.... only 32-bit as I found out. And I was dumb enough not to set a restore point. I guess I was too excited.

I found most drivers for 64-bit.... except motherboard drivers. BIG PROBLEM. I can access bios but it auto went to view only and doesnt let me change anything. It also crashed many times.

I have the WinXP Pro CD yet it gives me a blue screen error while trying to install XPP saying something about hardware or bios issues and such. I tried putting my PC to stock hardware and the problem continues.

I tried using windows recovery and it loads but when it asks me to put in the CD I do and yet it doesn't detect it giving me an error.

How can I possibly wipe windows 7 64-bit and just leave me PC alone with its bios.... and then I can stick the XP Pro cd... and hope that it works..
Any other suggestions?

My partitions are C drive and a D drive being the recovery drive.

Much help is appreciated.
I have no idea what to do...

Reaction score
I have tried everything.... I tried the red 'drivers' cd that is supposed to reinstall windows... that gives an error.

I tried the actual Windows XP Pro disc..... error....

I tried recovery.... error.....

the 64-bit isn't letting me do anything!?!?!? How the hell can I wipe my operating system away?

Reaction score
Oh and I do have the windows.old, windows.old000,windows.old001 in my C drive if that helps.

Ask a Question