Autoplay problem in Windows 7 build 7100

Reaction score
Hey frnds im using Windows 7 build 7100 4 last 1 month & now suddenly i hav started facing a new problem of not getting the autoplay option if i insert a CD/DVD or plug in a pendrive. I tried 2 reset the autoplay in the control panel but it did not help.
But somehow i solved autoplay problem for cd & dvd but still im facing d problem wen i plug in my pendrive.
I wud also like 2 tell u i had install vmware workstation & it had option of disabling autoplay in host windows tht 2 i unchecked it & 2day i removed d s/w also but den 2 im not getting autoplay 4 pendrives & external hdd
Can any1 help me out of dis problem

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
You have to understand that autoplay for pendrives is only functional upto the point of windows explorer showing a menu, do you see this menu when you plug in a pendrive, or does nothing happen at all?

Reaction score
wen i plug in a pendrive nothing happens. Previously wen i use to plug in or wen i plug in my pendrive in windows vista i get a autoplay asking 2 open the folder or ready boost but now nothing such happens in windows 7

Reaction score
Try accessing the group policy settings:

Start>gpedit.msc

>Computer Configuration
>Administrative Templates
>System

You will see an item in the right side pane called “Turn off Autoplay”

Double click this item and see if it is enabled.

clifford_cooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
Start>gpedit.msc
>Computer Configuration
>System
I didn't find it at this location for "Windows 7 build 7229"

Start>gpedit.msc

>Computer Configuration
>Windows Components
>Autoplay Policies

You will see an item in the right side pane called “Turn off Autoplay”

Reaction score
Actually, there are two possible locations, BUT, I cannot see their screen, so I had no idea where their "Turn off Autoplay" option was.

Ad

Advertisements

clifford_cooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
Regardless where it is located - Thanks for pointing in the direction to the setting and what to look for.

clifford_cooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
Try turning it off first and then turn it back on
I have found some settings to be jammed at times

Ad

Advertisements

clifford_cooley

VIP Member
Reaction score
One time I had this very same problem - CD/DVD's would not auto start

For some reason Nero had jammed the autostart and corrected the problem after I launched and closed Nero again. Nero temporarily disables the autostart functions to keep other autostart processes from interfering with the burning process. The problem I had was I didn't know this at the time and the autostart was not enabled after closing Nero.

Ask a Question