Audio crackles in windows 7

Reaction score
I recently installed windows 7 on my hp dv2000. I got my audio drivers from hp. My sound card is a conexant HD SmartAudio HD2. I tried the correct audio drivers for xp and vista but still my audio sounds bad. It cracks a lot and sounds over modulated. It sounds this way from the speakers as well as when I plug in headphones in the port. Has anybody had this problem and found a solution?

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi gmaizl

HP should be releasing drivers for Windows 7 later this month, but have you tried your drivers in compat mode.

Reaction score
If that fails, uninstall the Conexant drivers completely and run Windows Update to see if there are any certified drivers available from Microsoft.

Reaction score
Ian:

The driver located at http://download.cnet.com/Conexant-Hi..._4-208820.html is the driver that i currently have installed. Do you have any other suggestions, so far I've had no luck?

Veedaz:

that is good that HP should be releasing drivers for Windows 7, I haven't tried running it in compatible mode yet. Hopefully that will get it working.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I can't think of anything else at the moment apart from waiting for an updated driver. It may be worth seeing if other OEMs use the same chipset soundcard and have released any updated drivers.

Ask a Question