Are you going to upgrade to Windows 7 right away?

Are you going to upgrade to Windows 7 right away?

• Yes as soon as it's out

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • No, but when the time is right

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Maybe!

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I'll never upgrade to it!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Like the title says, are you going to upgrade to Windows 7 as soon as it comes out?

I'm more and more tempted to now if the improvements go beyond cosmetics - so my answer might change when the beta arrives ;)

Reaction score
I'll upgrade ASAP! And I'll finally switch to a 64bit version... enough of the old crappy 32! :D

Reaction score
I'll upgrade ASAP! And I'll finally switch to a 64bit version... enough of the old crappy 32! :D
Me too :D I'm planning on building a new PC just as W7 comes out to take advantage of it :pcguru:

Reaction score
I guess that i won't have to upgrade... my pc is pretty good (even if is not a real gaming rig)

What is your current system?

Reaction score
X2 4800+, 2GB Ram and GeForce 8600GT - it's fine for most games but it's not the fastest out there (no point in upgrading yet though).

What about you? :)

Reaction score
X2 4200+, 3.5GB Ram and GeForce 8600GT (1024MB) & GeForce 6150 (64MB Shared)

Still I can play Far Cry 2 with a good level of details...

Reaction score
As soon as it hits the stores and the stores open, it'll be on my PC a.s.a.p.!

Reaction score
Possibly, when it comes to operating systems I have a tendency to wait a few months after the release before I start using it.

Though, I could very well just upgrade when it comes out, guess it all depends on my mood and if I have the cash to do it. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
...guess it all depends on my mood and if I have the cash to do it. ;)
That's a very good point, and I'm hoping the prices aren't restrictive. I went for Vista Ultimate this time, but I think I'll probably save some money next time and go for the normal version of Windows 7 (whatever that will be!).

Reaction score
That's a very good point, and I'm hoping the prices aren't restrictive. I went for Vista Ultimate this time, but I think I'll probably save some money next time and go for the normal version of Windows 7 (whatever that will be!).
Actually, this time around I'm hoping to go higher than the standard version.

I'm running Vista Home Premium, and once I can afford it, I'm going to do an Anytime Upgrade to Ultimate. Mostly because it has IIS which will help a lot for web development. It gives me another environment to test on.

I'm hoping Windows 7 Ultimate will have IIS as well.

Reaction score
Reaction score
You can run IIS on home premium I think. I was going to use it to host my clan website, but my connection is too slow.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc754752.aspx

Hope that helps :D
Very nice, thanks for the link.

IIS isn't the only reason I was going to migrate to Ultimate, but just one.

See, I have this problem where I can't stand running a certain version of software knowing there is a newer version (in this case, though, a version with more junk for me to play with :D).

Reaction score
If the final release is as solid as Beta1, then yeah. I have a very very nice i7 965 based rig that Santa got me (ok ok I got for myself) Cost me a fortune, but it is running the 7000 release without any hicups at all

Reaction score
im with markymark...

the cosmetics need a job but what i really wanted is a more substantial change. not upgrading right awya (i've beta tested)!

Reaction score
yes but are windows going to release windows 7 as a free upgrade/total replace service pack on vista because of how much they screwed up and how quickly 7 was released

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
yes but are windows going to release windows 7 as a free upgrade/total replace service pack on vista because of how much they screwed up and how quickly 7 was released
I wish they would release it for free, but I very much doubt they will :lol: I wouldn't say Vista was screwup, but it wasn't as polished as it could have been - even MS seem to admit this wasn't their best OS (it reminds me of Windows Millennium).

There is going to be another service pack for Vista later this year though, which may bring some improvements :)

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I'm down as a maybe...it'll mostly depend on cost and, of course, reviews from several sources

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm down as a maybe...it'll mostly depend on cost and, of course, reviews from several sources
I saw some rumored pricing last week, and it was $200 for the normal Home package :eek: It will be much cheaper OEM though, which is the real price most of us would pay to upgrade.

I hope they lower the prices of the OS with the credit crunch going on!

Reaction score
I am runnning XP on my work laptop, Vista Enterprise on my home laptop, Vista Ultimate on the kids desktop, XP Home on the GF desktop.
In all I have had issues with some of the software running fine on XP but keeps crashing on Vista. I'll stick with XP for a while as a backup while smaller companies start porting their apps to Windows 7.
At work we are by-passing Vista altogether and will go from XP Pro to Windows 7 just a bit after SP1 is released.
I guess the corporate world has an attitude entirely different than gamers, as graphics are not a priority, but legacy support is paramount.

Reaction score
over the years I have learned to at least wait for a SP1 on a new OS before buying. Even tho windows 7 seems to be working well on most machines. I think they do need to beef up support for drivers etc.... Upgrading from a XP computer to Windows 7 could = alot of hardware/software upgrades. Add that to the cost of the OS is it really worth it?

Ask a Question