Apc_index_mismatch & system_service_exception

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This is my first thread. I bought a new pc a couple of days ago and I am concern about some crashes I experienced during these days. The system went down twice in different times. The errors were also different.
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH was the first error while I was playing Flight simulator X.

Since this error I updated my graphic card nvidia GTX680 to the last release.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION was the second error while I was playing Crysis 3. :mad:

the problem seems to be related with windows kernel and not with the hardware, but I am not 100% sure. What do you think about this?

Please let me know if you need additional information.

Thanks in advance! :)

Below you can see a report from "Whocrashed" program

Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Mon 01/10/2012 08:43:00 p.m. GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100112-33041-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002EA3DE5, 0xFFFFF8800BEF4BF0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 01/10/2012 08:43:00 p.m. GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002EA3DE5, 0xFFFFF8800BEF4BF0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 17/09/2012 09:34:05 p.m. GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091712-17706-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x7F1C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1 (0x7700167A, 0x0, 0xFF270000, 0xFFFFF88007F6CB60)
Error: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that there has been a mismatch in the APC state index.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Zip up the DMP files and attach them if you want help.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Hopefully one of our BSOD experts will get a chance to debug them and get back to you in the next 48 hours (usually less than 24).

I can't read them myself, I just know they need them.

Meanwhile you might consider running some tests such as Memtest86+ to make sure you don't have bad RAM (yes RAM can be bad right out of the package). See HERE.

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your quick reply. Tonight I will run a further test using Memtest86++. Yesterday I run it but only just for half and hour, no errors detected.

Regards,

Reaction score
I ran Memtest86+ during the whole night (around 11hs). The first thing I did today was to check the result of this test and I did not see any errors. I decided to leave the test running a bit more. Then I saw a lot of strange symbols in the Memtest screen. Is this normal??? I attached a picture showing that.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ask a Question