Another new name on the team page.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Welcome TorrentG! :wavey:

Reaction score
Haha yeah, my PS3 usually sits doing nothing unless I'm watching videos through the DLNA servers from my pcs (TVersity.)

So I figured I'd let it do some good. Not sure how much it will be doing or if I'll keep it going or whatnot. I just thought that even a little bit running it would be nice.

Thanks for the welcome!

I first started with my spec machine and the GPU2 client. The thing to view the folding kept crashing and I couldn't see it in action ever at all. I figured it's because I have an ATI card as opposed to NVIDIA.
And really, the reason is because I'm always on my pc and need the speed of the CPU/GPU otherwise.

Last edited:

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Welcome TorrentG, every little bit helps :)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
TG, Those numbers you're putting up are about double what a single core celeron or equivalent can do. Nice!

Reaction score
Glad to hear it. I suppose that the PS3 client is well optimized for its hardware then. Good stuff!

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Welcome to the team BetaMan!

Glad you've joined and are successfully folding. :cool:

Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions.

Reaction score
yodap, I like the community here and I wanted to give a small boost towards your goal of Top 1000 Teams.

I've pointed my laptop at the Win7Forum Team until the Annual Chimp Challenge comes around (early May). It will add about 1000 PPD.

I recently initiated a personal challenge to a couple of other folders on my home team to reach Top 100 in our team first. I'm thinking I may have to add hardware to win the challenge, something I've been thinking about doing anyway. Making up for the points from my laptop will be further incentive. And, for a test run, I might even direct a shiny new video card at the Win7Forum Team for a week before I debut it with my home team. ;)

*edit for spelling

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
What can I say? That's great.

I'll be watching for that shiny new. ;)

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Welcome rcranfield! :ciao:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Ok, and welcome to JD22964!

Just a wild guess but could it be FT with a shiny new.......?

Reaction score
Just another Team EVGA guy trying to get you guys up to team rank of 1200 so you'll be eligible for extended team stats by EOC. I have devoted my secondary rig which runs three F@H GPU clients on two EVGA GTS450 and one EVGA GT430 video cards. It should be good for roughly 22,000 points per day (22K PPD).

JD

Reaction score
Hi JD

Thanks for your contribution. :)
Sure, just trying to help your team reach the point where EOC will give you full stats coverage. In fact, I think I may give you the service of both of my machines for a day or two since the closest threat on my team is currently listed as 1 month behind me. I figure I can afford to help you for a couple of days and not drop too many positions in rank on my team. So, for the next day or two I'll give you about 47K PPD.

The clients on Rig 1 will change over to your team once they finish their current work units.

http://home.comcast.net/~jd22964/HFM/summary.html

JD

Reaction score
So, for the next day or two I'll give you about 47K PPD.
:eek::eek:

WOW, that should get us to our goal much quicker. You guys are the greatest coming over from Team EVGA to help. This wasn't my intentions behind visiting EVGA. Hopfully one day I will have the chance to repay you both personally. :)

FBF

Reaction score
I am just here for a short time, like JD, to get you guys up to the EOC reporting level. I had put one of my GTS 250s on the job, but since JD passed me I put my other 250 on the job. Together they should get about 11000 PPD. But if JD gets too far ahead, I might have to throw my i7 920 and a few -advmethods at him to put him in his place.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Gotta love the competition especially since it's for such a great cause! Thanks a ton guys, any and all help is appreciated.

Reaction score
Ok, and welcome to JD22964!

Just a wild guess but could it be FT with a shiny new.......?
JD22964 already let you know it isn't me. That's what's awesome about the folding community. Very helpful!

My shiny new is ordered, but not here yet. You'll see the result in my PPD sometime this week. :)

Ask a Question