BATCH PROBLEMS: This file came from another computer

Reaction score
Hey I downloaded this File off the internet and its an .FF file for an iso Game. It was zipped so i unzipped it but i tried to edit the .FF File but it wouldn't open because it was blocked.

so i decided to click properties on the zip and hit unblock, needless to say that didn't work. So i searched about installing Streams,

I installed it and put it in my system 32 and ran the command streams -s -d C:\Users\Prime\Desktop\Project X 2.00 and got

( C:\Users\Prime>streams -s C:\Users\Prime\Desktop\Project X 2.00>
The syntax of the command is incorrect.)

Why is this. Even when running command:

streams - s C:\Users\Prime\Desktop\Project X 2.00\common.ff

Streams v1.56 - Enumerate alternate NTFS data streams
Copyright (C) 1999-2007 Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

C:\Users\Prime\Desktop\Projectusage: streams [-s] [-d] <file or directory>
-s Recurse subdirectories
-d Delete streams

I just need to edit the common.ff

Soo frustrating

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
More than likely it is a matter of Permissions. If your LogonID (Prime) is an Administrator you can manually change the Rights to give yourself access. See video HERE.

or

I find it easier to simply install the "Take Ownership" script from our Freeware DB. Once Take Ownership is installed you open Windows Explorer and simply right-click on the file and choose "Take Ownership" and the script will run granting you Rights (again you need to be an Administrator for it to work).

Reaction score
More than likely it is a matter of Permissions. If your LogonID (Prime) is an Administrator you can manually change the Rights to give yourself access. See video HERE.

or

I find it easier to simply install the "Take Ownership" script from our Freeware DB. Once Take Ownership is installed you open Windows Explorer and simply right-click on the file and choose "Take Ownership" and the script will run granting you Rights (again you need to be an Administrator for it to work).
Thanks for the reply. I have Tried both Steps and they failed. I even used a different ff viewer And it fails to open

Reaction score

or

I found thats it might be encrypted. Is it possible to decrypt it?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well when you said blocked I thought you meant you didn't have permission. You can get FFViewer to extract the contents of a FastFile. Or check out THIS and see if it can help.

Reaction score
that tut doesn't work the file/link is unavailable. With ff viewer i cant open the fastfile because the fastfile i got is encrypted it gives me this error

one other person got to open it and he dumped all the files in the common fastfile and this is waht it looks like

If i can get To re-compile those files back to a common then it should work

here is the common ff thats encrypted http://www.mediafire.com/download/aelqr3ms2irebfk/Project_x_v2.rar

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I never heard of FF files before your question so I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe someone else will come along with some ideas.

Ask a Question