Another downgrade from Windows 7 64bit to 32 bit question...

Reaction score
Have a new Samsung R780 Laptop comes standard with Windows 7 64 bit OS, I have yet to load any programs/applications on it. My work software will only run on 32 bit Windows 7 (Had this confirmed). Can I just uninstall the 64 bit Windows 7 version and buy and install a Windows 7 32 bit version? Am looking for quickest, easiest (Doesnt have to be cheapest) way of doing this. Am very much a computer novice, thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide......

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
You state that you've confirmed the 32-bit software you want to use won't install on Windows 7. What software is it? How was this confirmed?

Nearly all 32-bit software will install and run on Windows 7 X64 just fine.

If you would give us some more information, that would be really helpful.

BTW, welcome Edgeofreason to the Windows 7 Forums website! I hope we'll be able to assist you with your problem.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The product key for the 64-bit OS works equally well with the same version 32-bit. So if you have home premium x64 you can install home premium x86 and if you have Pro x64 then you can install Pro x86. If the product key is not in your documentation or on a sticker on the bottom of your laptop then you can find out what it is using a freeware product such as SIW. Find it and other useful programs on our Freeware DB, the section you need in SIW is Software ... Licenses.

See Here for the Microsoft ISO for 32-bit Home Premium or Professional

Notes: Be sure you get the same level as you have now as the key will only work with the corresponding version and read the notes about the difference between preinstalled and official versions of the OS. Also, it's a good idea to download the 32-bit drivers and have those on hand in case W7 cannot find them on it's own.

Reaction score
You state that you've confirmed the 32-bit software you want to use won't install on Windows 7. What software is it? How was this confirmed?

Nearly all 32-bit software will install and run on Windows 7 X64 just fine.

If you would give us some more information, that would be really helpful.

BTW, welcome Edgeofreason to the Windows 7 Forums website! I hope we'll be able to assist you with your problem.
Thanks for your reply. Confirmed by the people that wrote the program, it is an "in house" piece of software and will not be run on a 64 bit OS. I am part of a franchise and all franchises use this software. There are no plans to change it anytime soon. The software is a piece of junk but that is another story.... As the laptop is new and has nothing on it I was hoping just to uninstall the 64 bit Home Premium and install and 32 bit Home Premium, then load all my other stuff on it.....
Hope that helps...
Thanks again.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Go here to download the X86 version of Windows 7 Home Premium:
32-bit Windows 7 Home Premium x86 ISO
http://msft-dnl.digitalrivercontent..../X15-65732.iso

Save the ISO image file and then burn it to a good quality blank DVD with ImgBurn (it's free and easy to use). www.imgburn.com

Burn at no faster than an 8X burning speed and then use ImgBurn's Verify Feature to ensure the burn went well. Then you're free to install the Home Premium X86 version. Your same product code key will work.

You'll only be able to access 3.25 GB of the 4 GB of RAM on your laptop because of the limitation in the X86 operating system.

BE SURE to download all the correct 32-bit drivers for Windows 7 from your laptop maker's website for your model of laptop and store them on a flash thumb drive, external hard drive or burn to a CD-RW rewritable disc.

BTW, that's sweet looking laptop you have there... now I'm covetous. LOL! ;)

Let us know how it goes... also be sure to install the mobile chipset drivers first before any others and then the video driver. LAN driver, etc.

Go to this Samsung link for your drivers, you'll notice that some drivers are both 32 & 64-bit drivers while others are bit specific: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/NP-R780E

Ask a Question