Another BSOD post

Reaction score
Hi,

This computer is a little more then a couple weeks old, It isn't crashing as much as it did like a week ago, but still does crash, always bsod, well except once it actually locked up.

Anyway mb is a ASUS xtream, m4n987d evo
processor is amd phenom
memory is I think 8.00 gb
video geforce 250 1gb
c is wd 500 gb
e is segate 1. some odd tb

Ipod seems to set this thing off and sometimes games, flash included. Its been doing this less and less but I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that either because I don't know what changed, Anyway if you can find something in all this any help is appreciated.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi alaskaferret, can you please post the crash dumps (as per the instructions here) as that will give people some information to work from. :)

Also, any information you can give about the type of crash would be helpful - is it a bluesceen (if so, it should have an error code) or does it just "hang"?

Reaction score
I'm getting an invalid file error and its not uploading, I used 7-Zip, and I can open the file on my computer, so something is wrong in transfer if it is actually uploading.

Reaction score
I'm getting an invalid file error and its not uploading, I used 7-Zip, and I can open the file on my computer, so something is wrong in transfer if it is actually uploading.
Don't use 7-Zip. Instead, right click on the highlighted file(s). Choose send to compressed folder, to zip them.

Reaction score
Wow, lot's of crashes! Let's take care of these or at least make a grand attempt. haha

Now I'm already aware of your desire to keep ZoneAlarm, so I will speak on that last..(although I just mentioned it first.)

-------------------------

Code:
ASACPI   ASACPI.sys   Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005
This driver guy is a known issue because of its date. We have to get this updated without doubt.

To do so, visit Asus' page for your motherboard. If you don't know your motherboard model, then use CPU-Z mainboard tab to see.

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Go to downloads. Then choose Windows 7 64 bit. The go to utilities section. Download and install the latest ATK0110 utility.

-----------------------------

Update your video card driver from here:
Code:
nvlddmkm nvlddmkm.sys Sat Apr 03 20:06:21 2010
NVIDIA

--------------------------------

You have MSE installed along with ZoneAlarm Extreme. This is no good. Please uninstall MSE.

After, make sure you are running the latest ZA available. Upgrade install to it if necessary:

http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/information/zaxs/releaseHistory.html

--------------------

Definitely disable the Spybot TeaTimer. Instead, run a manual scan with Malwarebytes every week or so.

---------------------

Let me know how it is going after doing all that. Post a new crash dump if it is necessary. Good luck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There are a bunch of things under utilities so I dl all of them but the express gateway file is either corrupt or runs into errors trying to install. I've dl it three different times with the same results each time. The others are taken care of, MSE was removed once I found out what it was. Thanks for your help. I will try again to get a valid copy of that driver.

Reaction score
Which motherboard do you have? I wouldn't go installing any other motherboard utilities than the one I mentioned. They cause all sorts of problems.

I'll link to the correct one once I know which motherboard.

Reaction score
Okay, I'll tell you what the box says.

ASUS Xtreme design 6 core m4n98td evo its a Nvidia nforce 980a sli
It can take athalon or phenom, I have the phenom II installed for a processor.
AM3

I was in that section but the gateway driver I couldn't get, its extremely slow downloading, and either its already a bad file before I get it, or becomes corrupt in the download. I tried every option for download and none are any faster. I've had long downloads before, my connection can handle it, and I don't think Zone Alarm is blocking it. TACO might be blocking it though so I can go through IE to download if so. Hey thanks for the help with this thing.

Reaction score
Edit - checking on things...will post.

---

Seems that Asus is slacking on your board and does not have the update for it. A little secret - the ATK0110 driver is the same exact install for all their boards anyhow - same files, same settings etc...They themselves simply make the same exact install available across all boards.

So get it here instead:

http://usa.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=yS3ZeqfUdCTCIFT2

Download | Vista 64 bit | Utilities >>>>> "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Win7 32&64-bit"

Install.

Last edited:
Reaction score
How's it goin' over there? I'm startin' to believe that the ice road truckers crashed and caused some kind of power outtage....

Is the pc well? heh heh

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
How's it goin' over there? I'm startin' to believe that the ice road truckers crashed and caused some kind of power outtage....

Is the pc well? heh heh
Funny! lol :D

Reaction score
I have the driver but I think I might have to install manually because the install file doesn't bring up a dialog box or anything, unless it just installs. It was not easy getting that file, I think I found it at a site called techspot, or something like that, asus still sent me somewhere else. It seems a lot of people are looking for that file,

Reaction score
Sorry, got lost sidetracked on Facebook. Now you know why I need all these spyware cleaners lol, also trying to install flash. Be nice if Adobe does their part. But yeah if I need to manually install this driver if you can tell me where to find the place to do that I can just copy and paste probably.

Ask a Question