A and B can see C, but not each other

yky

Reaction score
I have two Windows 7 machines (A and B) and a Vista machine (C). Both A and B can see C and C and see both A and B but A cannot see B and B cannot see A. In other words, the two Windows 7 machines cannot see each other though they all can see the Vista machine. And the Vista machine can see the two Windows 7 machines. Network discovery is turned on for all three machines.

Where do I begin to rectify the problem? Thanks.

Reaction score
Have you run the "homegroup setup" on A pc and then get a password then on B pc use the password to joing the homegroup.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]sEI2dQPODrQ[/MEDIA]"]Windows 7 - How To Set Up A Homegroup Network - YouTube[/ame]

yky

Reaction score
Have you run the "homegroup setup" on A pc and then get a password then on B pc use the password to joing the homegroup.
Thanks for the reply. Homegroup is quite convenient but I like the old fashion username/password type of login.

I think the my main question is this: why A and B do not see each other when network discovery is turned on?

Reaction score
The user name and password are the same if each user account has one set up on each PC other wise there is no user name and password for the network to recognize. As I understand it.

To your question: There has to be a work group formed and each PC put into the work group (what ever the name) then the network is created and then they can see and talk with each other. I don't see or know of any other way.

Reaction score
Have a look at this....might help...

network settings.PNG

This is in the advance setting in the network and sharing center.

yky

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

All three computers are on the same group - workgroup. Since C can see both A and B and both A and B can see C, that tells the basic setup is OK. The question is why A and B cannot see each other.

Reaction score
I'm assuming you've run the network setup on A and B. Have you click joined network on A and B? Next would be complete reboots of all 3 computers then do a hard reset of the router....by uplugging it from the AC outlet for 2 minutes then plug back in. If that doesn't work you could try a router reset, to set it back to factory defaults...generally there is a rest button/pin to push or access with a paper clip and hold for 30 seconds.

Ask a Question