SOLVED Network in Peachtree

Reaction score
I just installed Peachtree 2010 Accounting software on 5 computers all running Win 7. I have networked the server to the first computer but the next two say I don't have permission to map to that file which is my company data. I have homegroup enabled. I can see all computers on Homegroup and Network. I'm stumped.

Ad

Advertisements

Shintaro

Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean by
I have networked the server to the first computer
Are you talking about sharing a common database file?
Are you using Active Directory or Windows File and Print sharing?

Reaction score
Yes, sharing a common database file using Windows File and Print sharing. Homegroup and Network. I can see them both from any machine. However when I get to the part of the software install that asks where the data is, I point it to the server and the correct file. Peachtree install says "there is no company data in this file" even though there is. I think I have a ghost.

Shintaro

Reaction score
Have you mapped a network drive to the Peachtree data base file? I would use that rather than "\\computer\peachtreedir\peachtreeDB.db

Just for starters I would allow everyone FULL access to the database file, then once it is working add restrictions.

Are you using Windows Server and Windows 7 clients or all Windows 7 clients?

Reaction score
Yes I have mapped a network drive. I have the problem fixed. I had to install Peachtree 2010 on two of the five machines in single user mode. It installed with no problem that way. Then once installed and Peachtree launches, I then pointed it to the actual data folder on the server and all is well. I have no idea why it happened on two out of three computers running Win 7; but it did and now that it's done I can get back to work.

Thanks a lot for your help, it's much appreciated.

Ad

Advertisements

Shintaro

Reaction score
Cool, could you please mark the thread as solved please.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question