SOLVED VPN trouble... tunnel is on, but nothing's reachable

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
I am trying to set up a VPN connection between two offices. Both are using a Cisco RVS4000 router. A tunnel is set up between the external IP addresses of these routers. The tunnel is "up" and I can access the admin interfaces of both routers from both locations by using their internal IPs (192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1).

However, I can't use/share any of the resources, like workstations, data, peripherals... I've tried turning off the router firewall, and God knows what else, but nothing seems to help... :(

Shintaro

Reaction score
Did you solve this? I would be interested to know.Because it sounds like a routing problem.

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
Did you solve this? I would be interested to know.Because it sounds like a routing problem.
Yeah, I did solve it. It was a routing issue; I created the tunnel between internal IPs of two workstations (one from each network) and added machines and their IPs to the hosts files of the network workstations, and it started working. Works extremely well, too, can recommend the router.

Ask a Question