64bit OS not freezing gtalk and yahoo and other softwares

Reaction score
hi every1,

i have 64 bit new win7 OS when i have installed gtalk and yahoo set up it was working for two days now its freezing my system when i try to logging to gtalk or yahoo. what to do now?

any solutions ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Start by making sure you have the most up-to-date drivers. Also what anti-virus software do you run? A third recommendation (and I recommend this a lot) is to install Process Explorer (a more involved Task Manager) and have it running so you can see what programs and services are using your resources (CPU/memory) when it freezes.

Reaction score
hi thanks for your reply,
but i am not able to have task manager screen after its freezing. i tried with process explorer but no response.
any other solution ?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You need to already have it running; two windows so you can see gtalk AND process explorer.

Also you didn't mention if you checked your drivers. Download and scan with Device Doctor Don't actually install the updates but tell us if it suggests any please (I don't always trust that this program to point out and find the absolute best driver but it does give us a place to look and we have an expert in the forums that know what drivers are the latest).

Please also specify the make and model of your computer as sometimes updates are available from the manufacturer.

Also I would like to know what anti-virus software you run, as many programs have known problems including hogging resources.

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi,
i have dell studio 14 and windows 7 home premium 64bit.
i have checked with device doctor its showing real tek sound driver updates.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
You could check Dell for drivers but what I saw was for Vista so you can likely find newer here:

Realtek

I would create a system restore point and then update your driver. To create a restore point type "restore point" (no quotes) into the search box of Windows Start (The windows ORB)

Ask a Question