64-bit to a 32-bit (help needed)

Reaction score
Ok so I got a new computer, an asus UL series notebook, It came with Windows 7 Pro. 64-bit. About a week after I got it I got a Windows 7 installation cd from my work and unwittingly decided to install it. I soon found out that it was a 32-bit version of Pro. Now my programs won't work, they come up with an error saying that the programs are for a 64-bit version of windows and that I have a 32-bit version. I would like to know how to change it back to the original OS.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Well you must have done a clean install of the 32-bit Pro version. That's the only way it can be done.

Go here to download the Windows 7 Pro 64-bit ISO image: https://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links-t2910.html

Then burn the ISO to a blank DVD disc using ImgBurn which is a free program too. www.imgburn.com

Burn at no faster than 8x burning speed and use the verify feature to make sure you had a good burn.

Then do a clean install of Windows 7 Pro with that DVD you burned. You can use the same key you used with the 32-bit version.

Make sure your DVD drive is set as the First Boot Device in the notebook's BIOS and reboot. You should be good on the install then.

Ask a Question