3,000 post :)

Reaction score
Will Nibs 3000th post be in response to this thread?

Standing at 2,999 now and only needs one more post.

Congrats in advance Nibiru2012. :D

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
YES! Here it is... loooonnnngggg drum roll... trumpets blaring in background similar to Roman Coliseum... TADAA!

3,000 Post!

I suppose I do need to get out more but that takes money! I guess when I hit the lottery.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
He talks too much!

;) :coffee: :D

Reaction score
Congrats Nibiru. I just reached 100 posts today! Two milestones on the same day. What are the odds? 3,023,454,534.47352 - 1 :D

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
How many keyboards you worn out Nibs?
Since 2000 or since I've been a member here?

From 2000 to 2005 I went through 4 keyboards, mostly cheap OEM type keyboards. My skin chemistry was always wearing the letters off of the keys for some reason.

Since 2005 I've been using the same keyboard, a Key Tronic LT Designer Keyboard.

It's a true full-size keyboard with a lifetime warranty and it is also ergonomic on the key pressure, ie, the little finger keys use less pressure than the forefinger or thumb keys.

The keys are factory-tested to 20 million keystrokes.

Here's a review from Geek.com: Key Tronic LT Designer Keyboard

It's the absolute best keyboard I've ever owned and I highly recommend them.

Plus they're not that expensive, less than $40 or so. I don't go for gimmicky keyboards because they're a waste of money and usually fail after a year or so. (At least that's my track record with them.)

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Congrats Nibs! 3,000 is a lot of posts, many of which have been very useful to many of us.

BTW, I'm noticing the same with my OEM keyboard, and especially mouse, and it's only 11 months old. The left click on my mouse seems to double click a lot, when I check an option, it'll uncheck it at the same time I check it.

I think I'll buy a nice matched wireless set soon.

Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I seen some of the Logitech mice on Newegg, they aren't cheap. But I didn't see a combo package. I'll probably have to purchase separates, but I want a quality mouse & keyboard. The mouse, I'm afraid, will go first, so I'll buy that first, then the next month, buy the keyboard.

I know that if you endorse a brand of a product, it's good. I had a bum drive with the Caviar Black, but they gave me a 1TB, instead of the 750GB one that I paid for, for my troubles, I guess. They still make the 750GB one.

But anyway, Logitech it is.

Cat

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I have the Logitech Wireless Keyboard/Mouse (Cordless Desktop) EX110 and it works like a champ for me (unless I let my batteries run out, lol)

Oh, and Grats on the 3000!

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Congrats Nibs! My Goal is 1000 posts before next summer... I don't know if I'll manage.

Yup. I agree, Logitech is awesome. Though, if you want to see all their products, you really have to go on their website. The good thing is, compared to many computer related companies, Logitech has a simple website which is VERY easy to navigate.

Ones like HP's one make we want to throw out whatever product I bought from them...

I personnal use Logitech's Anywhere Mouse. It isn't cheap, at 80$, but it's really awesome. The receptor is tiny, and has an enormous range (I had fun at school, and I know it can reach at least 30m, maybe more :D ), works on glass, is comfortable, and great if you travel, as you can take out one of the batteries to make it lighter. Oh and the scroll wheel is really awesome as well. You can have a free scroll (no tick tick tick...) and the "ticky" scroll... It's pretty silent though. AND you can scroll vertically - you just have to tilt the scroll wheel to a side.

And being Logitech, it's great quality, durable, and any computer will take about 10 seconds to recognise it.

Then again, I guess by the keyboard, that you use a PC and not a laptop, so that isn't really the kind of mouse you'd want.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Congrats Nibs! My Goal is 1000 posts before next summer... I don't know if I'll manage.

Yup. I agree, Logitech is awesome. Though, if you want to see all their products, you really have to go on their website. The good thing is, compared to many computer related companies, Logitech has a simple website which is VERY easy to navigate.

Ones like HP's one make we want to throw out whatever product I bought from them...

I personnal use Logitech's Anywhere Mouse. It isn't cheap, at 80$, but it's really awesome. The receptor is tiny, and has an enormous range (I had fun at school, and I know it can reach at least 30m, maybe more :D ), works on glass, is comfortable, and great if you travel, as you can take out one of the batteries to make it lighter. Oh and the scroll wheel is really awesome as well. You can have a free scroll (no tick tick tick...) and the "ticky" scroll... It's pretty silent though. AND you can scroll vertically - you just have to tilt the scroll wheel to a side.

And being Logitech, it's great quality, durable, and any computer will take about 10 seconds to recognise it.

Then again, I guess by the keyboard, that you use a PC and not a laptop, so that isn't really the kind of mouse you'd want.
I can't speak for anyone else's experience with HP, but my recent one went just fine.

After going to Office Depot to check out Logitech mice, at the prices, some as much as $60, I decided to look elsewhere. It came to mind (somehow) to look at my HP warranty, which lasts a year from purchase. I discovered that all of the HP hardware that was included was covered for the first year, and gave them a call.

After describing my issue with the mouse, he emailed me with a link, giving him permission to remotely control my computer. After doing so, he ran some tests on the mouse, a couple of issues appeared on the screen, then he took control and did some adjustments on the mouse controls. It took a couple of adjustments, but finally my mouse is now working fine.

It was amazing what he did, he even used CCleaner to clean up his work afterwards, then turned it over to me to check out, all was fine.

He even called yesterday to make sure everything was fine. My experience with HP customer service was far better that Dell's was, and I recommend anyone with an HP computer that's still under the OEM warranty to contact them, if a problem arises.

Fortunately, I was still inside of that year since purchase, he told me that once that the OEM warranty is over, these calls costs $59. The next time, I'll just buy one.

However, I still have two more years of warranty left after HP's runs out, as I bought two extra years through SquareTrade, an extended warranty provider that I highly recommend to anyone. I got two extra years for $63, if my computer breaks, and it costs more to fix it than it's worth, SquareTrade refunds my purchase price 100%, no hassle, and they even email a shipping label to make things easier for you.

Cat

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW! Another massive "Cat post" :D

Anyway, I agree HP is a good company, with good quality products, and it seems, good support service as well. But their website is really a piece of sh*t.

For DELL, I think they shouldn't even deserve the "OEM" title. Their products are just awfull in every possible way. Except maybe design.. But I personnaly prefer having an average case, but with kick ass components.

Actually, most mice you get when buying a computer, even though they're labelled "HP" or "DELL", if you look under closely, you'll notice that they're actually made by Logitech as well.

Reaction score
Actually, most mice you get when buying a computer, even though they're labelled "HP" or "DELL", if you look under closely, you'll notice that they're actually made by Logitech as well.
Yep, I have an old Compaq Presario and although the mouse has the Compaq branding on it, it was made by Logitech and it lasted for 9 years before it started having minor issues, so the quality factor is definitely there.

My wife has a Logitech wireless mouse on her laptop and loves it. The AA battery seems to last anywhere from 4 to 6 months and is very easy to replace with the simple push of a small button underneath, which releases the cover on top. You just slide that piece off and install a fresh battery, which fits in upside down, if you are holding the mouse upright in front of you.

Last edited:

Ask a Question